Genuine Buffalo Horn Handled Shavemacs-Group Buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Apr 6, 2008.

?

What type of Genuine Horn do you want? And shape?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2008.
  1. Blond Horn

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. Black Horn

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Fan shape

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. Bulb shape

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, these are so beautiful. I wish I could have afforded to get in on that.

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

WOW S~S,

That looks AWESOME!!! I love that coloring :happy005

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Bob,

The fellows brush you have, found out he has yours :). I have sent you an e-mail and hope you both can coordinate the shipping to each other...

I am very sorry about the mixup :o, he said he could possibly send yours out to you tomorrow.

I know Shavemac was packaging these at 2-3am in the morning, the labels must have gotten mixed up....

Please keep me posted on the status of your exchange.

Thank you,

Neale

4. biomesh

biomesh New Member

Thanks to Neale, Shavemac, and Kimson (and anyone else involved) for putting this together.

horn-sm-3-small.jpg

horn-sm-1-small.jpg

horn-sm-2.jpg

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice Robert, I'd love to see some post bloom shots as well.

Is the bottom of your brush showing the lines just the grain of the horn? My black handle has similar graining in the handle but it is a solid piece......I applied a bit of natural wax to the handle and the lines seems to vanish....I think when the grain is dry it shows the lines more easily.

6. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I got mine yesterday. Its simply bootiful.

What kind of wax do you use?

Jordan

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Nice, I tried some natural beeswax my wife had for the furniture...just a very light coating seemed to bring out the luster and looked like it nourished the horn as mine had some dry spots.

I would think that the Renaissance wax would work nicely as well.

8. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Man! What do you guys think of the post bloom on this thing?
    Mine bloomed huge!Not so sure it will work all that good with soaps now,but it should be jam up with creams!:D

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Bob,

Did you get a Bulb or Fan shaped loft? My Bulb shaped loft didn't really bloom at all.

Any pictures post bloom?

10. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Mine is bulb shaped - also very little bloom. I will try and take some pics tomorrow.

11. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Neale,
    I ordered the dark horn in the fan shape.I'll post some post bloom pics tonite,I'm at work right now :(.

12. biomesh

biomesh New Member

I don't think mine bloomed too much. Here is a pre and post bloom.

horn-sm-3-small.jpg

horn-sm-bloom.jpg

13. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

I'm still waiting on mine. FedEx missed me on Friday.:(

14. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Same here

15. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Here are the pics of mine post bloom.Actually after using it for a couple of days the bloom seems to have tightened back up.This is one top notch brush!:D

Attached Files:

16. xChris

xChris Member

Finally got a chance to take some photos! I also included the Shavemac Group Brush from 2007 and a Shavmac 22558 in Finest (compare imitation horn to real) for reference. All of these are 23mm knots.

The hair in the new Horn LEs is quite fine and soft, even more so than the Shavemac GB 07. However, I think there are two reasons for this: (1)
    the Horn LEs are as yet unused, so the hair doesn't have deposits or residue on them (2)the natural variation in the badger hair shows up between the brushes

Looking at the photos, the density is very consistent. I was a little surprised by the size of the handles (height & width), but I think the size matches well with the knot diameter and loft.

Here's the photos...

Attached Files:

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Those look great Chris, thanks for sharing the photos. I hope you like them after you get a chance to try them out :D

Neale

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Glad to hear it's working well for you Bob, your handle looks great! :happy005

19. RayG

RayG New Member

Great looking brushes, guys. I have been regretting not getting in on the group buy for months, and now just clicked again on the order link Neale posted in this thread, like I have done so many times with no success.

Today, lo and behold, the link is active again!:happy108

Seems Bernd has some extra.

PS: same is true for the 2007 bulb handle brush

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

I would wait to get the official word, Shavemac is closed for the next couple weeks while the equipment is serviced and everyone is on vacation. :)

I am not sure why the link is live now, to my knowledge is shouldn't be.