Genuine Buffalo Horn Handled Shavemacs-Group Buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Apr 6, 2008.

?

What type of Genuine Horn do you want? And shape?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2008.
  1. Blond Horn

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. Black Horn

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Fan shape

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. Bulb shape

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome to The Shave Den Max! :D

A pleasure to have you here, you have good taste in brushes ;)

2. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

Blonde.....definitely...just like the one in the thread.

3. ZiggyDeath

ZiggyDeath New Member

I Freaking Hate You! Curses!

4. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

You've added fan/bulb choices in the poll.
    I have not tried a fan shape..
    But maybe this isn't the time to experiment???

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sorry my friend, just wanted to share the chance to get one of these great brushes, stuffed with a premium Silvertip knot at a great price :D

I haven't tried a Shavemac Fan shaped knot yet, the pictures of Rick's and Steve's look great though.....and horn handles will make it quite a beauty too :cool:

I added the poll info for the loft shape as an afterthought......just trying to get an idea...sorry if you have already voted on the handle type you cannot
    add your loft vote.....my bad :o

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

This group buy will be shared between other forums to increase our buying power :cool:

So far, there has been an interest expressed in about 30 brushes putting us at the 8% discount level....:)

Making the price $136.16 + $14 shipping if at least 20 brushes are purchased out of those that expressed interest.

I have also been asked if the engraving option will be offered again this time...I will check on this and report back as soon as I can.

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I am looking forward to a fan-shaped brush and with a 50mm loft it should be great with soaps and the blond horn... well, just stunning. Thanks Neale.

8. ZiggyDeath

ZiggyDeath New Member

I love my 60mm from the last group buy, it works great on my creams. I've also finally warmed up to the 50mm that I didn't like initially because it works a lot better than the 60 for soaps.

I've been keeping track ever since DrP posted his initial Kim horn handled shavemacs, they were beauties but now I'm so deprived of cash...

9. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

I think i just might join in, for multiple reasons, but also to encourage this venture...good job Neale...this brush is a must have for wetshaving aficionado's and brush-o-philes: genuine horn handle (a magnificent flamed colour pattern btw...)and a top notch loft of silvertip for a very affordable price...:a wetshavers dream....;)

:happy096

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Many thanks drP :D

Very nice to have your seal of approval :cool:

11. Austin

Austin Member

Now here's an endorsement by a true brush expert.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

So far with the responses noted it is looking like there may be interest in almost 50 of these brushes so far......:D

Which will take us to the 12% discount level which is a discount of $17.76 off of the original price of $148....

Making the price $130.24 + 14.00 shipping

This price noted above is at the 50 brush sold mark and the $130 price will only be valid if at least 50 brushes are ordered when the link to order the brushes goes "Live"

Thanks for all the interest :D

13. AFG

AFG New Member

Maybe it was already addressed but i missed it. What are the dimensions of the blond horn?

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi AL,

The brush will have a 23mm diameter knot with a 50mm loft, it will be available in either a Fan shaped knot or a Bulb shaped knot.

I think the height of the handle is also around the 50mm length. :)

15. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

That is great news Neale. Let's take this sucker live. :D

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

I hear you, it will be a while yet as Shavemac needs to get it built onto the website...

I was asked about the weight of these brushes...I weighed my horn handled brushes and a Shavemac #177 for comparison....

These are weighed completely dry on a digital scale.....

Black Horn Handled 22mm, 50mm Loft Pure....... 62 grams or 2.21oz
    Blond Horn Handled 23mm, 50mm Loft Silvertip....63 grams or 2.25oz
    Shavemac # 177 23mm, 60mm loft Silvertip........65 grams or 2.32oz

They weight slightly less than the # 177 60mm lofted resin / plastic handled version..

I hope that helps :)

17. Neale...Bob (johnniegold) insists that I purchase one of these thru your expertly arranged group buy. I should have gotten in on your last one...it was (is) a beauty! Oh well...I will consider a Non Simpson acquisition since all the "cool kids" are doing it. Blond Horn looks superb!

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Excellent Mike,

Bob has great taste and so do you :D
    Will you be getting a Fan or Bulb shaped loft?

Neale

19. Well my other (current) brushes are all Simpsons.... Polo 8 in Best, Duke 3 in Best, and a Chubby 2 in Best so I may need something a bit different...what style would you suggest?

20. xChris

xChris Member

To make my position known -- black horn, fan.