Genuine Buffalo Horn Handled Shavemacs-Group Buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Apr 6, 2008.

?

What type of Genuine Horn do you want? And shape?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2008.
  1. Blond Horn

34 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. Black Horn

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Fan shape

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. Bulb shape

17 vote(s)
    36.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Is 50mm the only available length in the horn handle, I mean not with this GB but generally, the reason I ask is preferably I would like a handle about 65mm long? Even visiting the Kimson web site they all seem to be the same length.

Cheers
    John

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi John,

To my knowledge they are all the same length, I would e-mail Kimson and see if he has any longer ones available :)

3. AFG

AFG New Member

I guess I'm still confused about the color options. I understand that the brush shown at the beginning of this thread and the brush on Shavemac's website is the blond horn. I haven't seen the dark colored option shown on this thread nor is their one shown on Shavemac's order page.

For a while I thought the dark horn option meant that it would be all black but I guess that's not the case. Kimson's website shows a lot of different horns. Am I correct that the darker ones are the ones that will be the optional dark horn but won't be entirely black? It will have some light coloration but more of the dark tones? I know that we're dealing with nature here and no two will be alike but I just want to make sure I'm understanding the difference between the two options. Thanks for the trouble to answer all these questions

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    AFG, if you click the "More Info" link on the order page, you'll see more pictures, including the dark horn and the bright horn. :happy088

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

What she said :D Thanks JoAnna :cool:

6. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

*Edited*

7. AFG

AFG New Member

Thanks everyone, I think I have it figured out now. I did not see the link on the order page that would take me to the dark handle. The examples of the darker ones with light highlights on Kimson's web page is what I would like to get. Probably hard to go wrong with either one.

8. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

I just had to nose around a bit....can't wait to get mine!:D

9. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

OK. I'm in.

After some careful consideration (ok, I agonized over this decision :rolleyes:), I went with a bulb-shaped, dark-horned monogrammed brush with no logo.

Now all I have to do is sit and be patient. :eek:

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sounds great Bob! :D Where did you choose to get the monogram placed? Base of the handle of side of the brush?

11. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Went with the side of the brush and readable when the brush is standing and no logo. I just felt that no logo gave it just a wee bit more of a custom look. :rolleyes:

12. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Well since these look so tempting I just placed an order on a Dark horned fan tip brush

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice, I think I may do the same with the one I get. :cool:

Great choice! :D

14. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

One?...:happy102

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

:o:o well, next one :)

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Just wanted to provide an update.....

With 1 week left to order these brushes...last day to order is 04/27/08...

So far 31 brushes are sold and will be paid for :)...which is in the 8% group buy discount pricing :D

Only 9 brushes away from the next discount level..

Thanks again for all the support for this group buy :)

Neale

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Ok Folks,

We are at the 36 brush sold mark 4 brushes away from the 10% group discount level :D.

This sale will be valid through Midnight on this Sunday.

Thanks again for your support of this effort.

Best,
    Neale

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Numbers are looking good!

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yea, they are looking good...;)

The 10% discount is great and helps offset the shipping costs...also makes this Genuine Horn brush a very good deal as no others are offering a brush of this material and quality for a similar price..

It would be nice to hit the full 15% discount, but it is only another $7 in savings......I spend that on a 6 pack of beer that is gone in 1 or 2 nights...:)

Here's a comparison photo I was asked for....

[​IMG]

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

Just a reminder, this group buy is a done deal tomorrow night at Midnight :)

Thanks again :cool:,

Neale