George WostenHolm & Sons Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

This one was sent to me by mistake and the seller didn't want it back. I don't blame them, there's no way I'm touching my face with the poor, tired old razor:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    hard to make out the writing but it says 1890 Mont. soooo Montana maybe?

And my beloved Monkey Tailed Wosty:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one would qualify as a rat too, with all that Devil's spit. Shaves like a dream!

Timwcic, DaltonGang and Deeter like this.
  2. BillD.

BillD. New Member

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I like those scales.:happy088:

BTW, wander over to the Welcome Section, and introduce yourself.

Karl G likes this.
  4. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

A pair of Wostys that have been in the den for a few years. They are modern compared to the chopper cousins

BED9AA0D-45A7-4637-B1FB-E4487D66EF71.jpeg 7F5FBB04-47FD-433D-A8A5-E4DEE8CA2768.jpeg A887F9EF-88FA-4C89-A91C-5EE7466916B9.jpeg 9463799D-1643-447D-AB5F-906C5438CF71.jpeg

5. Benoit Poulin

Benoit Poulin New Member

Hello gentlemens,

Name's Benoit. Long story short I'm leapin in small restorations because i enjoy it mainly, also to have razors to chose from. I've felt upon this wostenholm that needs a bit of love. As i was searching for informations around, i noticed the razor is quite rare, i haven't seen the like from strazor's history page on the company or here. HolyRollah has posted a picture of a very similar blade, the 13/16 NW BN. I'm curious about it's history, or it's production origins. I know the company had some issues, so i would like an evaluation.

Key features: Straight tang (unlike the old curved top tangs found on most sheffields made). Carved scales with maple leaves on each sides of the writings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Karl G likes this.
  6. Steve56

Steve56 Well-Known Member

BED1C64B-054F-418A-97D9-2A09E661008C.jpeg

Big ol’ chopperesque blade, very nice shaver and shape that you don’t see often, appears to be original. Photographed from the right angle, it’s very striking visually.

Karl G, Edison Carter, brit and 2 others like this.