Getting things to Europe

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SlowRoller47, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SlowRoller47

SlowRoller47 Active Member

Hello everyone, i want to start by saying that i feel lucky to discover this forum. Everybody is so nice and helpful when you have a question. Mine is following:

Long story short. I live in Europe (Belgium) and I'm looking for someone of a service that makes it possible to send me items bought in the us.

When a private person sends this is comes whiteout the import taxes. I don't mind paying for shipping and the trouble for the person or service but the import taxes are ridiculous. It's more the items cost to get them imported to Belgium.

If someone knows of a service that can help me of wants to help me out with this let me know. It's not that it's a weekly of monthly things. I usually order once every 6 months or so and always from respected stores like maggard of west coast shaving etc.

Off course if i can return the favor by doing the same with products found in Europe i'm glad to help.

I know this isn't an usual request but i'm looking forward to hearing your response.

Thx in advance,

David.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1913 met Tapatalk

2. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Well-Known Member

I live in Europa and get most American products via "Maggard" (Michigan/USA) or "Top of the Chain" (Canada) at very low shipping cost and no taxes if under US$ 65 (in Switzerland). The only problem is products containing alcohol, that's all. If I need theses at all, I buy European products around the corner, or on a day trip to France or Germany. The perfume industry of France offers such a vast selection.

Is import tax in Belgium that high?

SlowRoller47 likes this.
  3. SlowRoller47

Thx for the response. Maggard is the only shop I have ordered that arrived without taxes. Recently I ordered straight from stirling. In addition to the shipping cost the import taxes where 38 euro. If you count everything those soaps should have gold in them. The problem is that maggard doesn't carry al the products or brands i want to try out. I did send an email to west coast shaving but it's the same as with stirling.

When a private person sends it as a gift and it's under 65 dollar, no tax... And when you send a gift you can put whatever you want of amount on the package because you don't have a bill inside.

See the screenshot and ad 38 euro...

Thx for the tip on the other website. I appreciate it verry much. [​IMG]

4. SlowRoller47

Thx again for the response

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

What items from the USA do you want?

Welcome!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

6. SlowRoller47

Thx, everyone is so kind and made me feel verry welcome. I wanted to order from west coast shaving. Just some soaps and maybe a brush and some blades. I usually gets things from maggard but there are items they don't carry or are exclusive for wcs or others shops.

Thank you for the response.