Getting to know the Lord

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by newb, Oct 6, 2011.

1. newb

newb Resident Newb

Lately during those early mornings, when I'm rushed and running late. I've been trying to get to know the Lord a little better. What I've come to realize is: That the L6 is one heck of a, I'm in a hurry, but I'm going to shave razor. It knocks down the stubble with ease, yet is mild enough that it can rip through a 2 minute 2 pass speed shave, leaving me DFS with out any nicks or irritation. Ready to go to work and looking smooth. I'd would like to thank all those who had reviewed the L6, because of you guys, I now know the Lord.:biggrin:

swarden43 likes this.
  2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

2 minute, 2 pass shave?!?! WOW!
    I'm glad you have it working for you.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Do you really? ;)
    You're right. It is a great razor. The price on it makes it even that much better.

4. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

:signs011:

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ditto.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Thanks for this question. The answer is critical, but it does not concern the razor.
    Acts 26:29

7. newb

newb Resident Newb

The whole post is in reference to praise given to this humble razor with a very POWERFUL name, and does not concern anything other than that. I find the brand name quite interesting. And well the razor is one that is easy to use, with high speed precision, and hasn't yielded a weeper or a nick in speed shaves. So, IMHO the Lord........ L6, is well worthy of praise.

As for the critical question, it really isn't related to shaving, so it's of no value on a shaving forum. .

8. Alebrewer

Alebrewer Active Member

Really like my new Lord L6, been shaving with it daily for almost three weeks now. First tried it with the BlueBird blades it came with, and the past few days I been using a Super-Max in it. Over the next month I have four other brands of blades to try, it's going to be fun to see which blade agrees with the L6 and my face! So far, the BlueBird seems to be a little better for me, though time will tell. I'm glad I got the L6 for my first DE razor, seems like an excellent choice.

9. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Woot!

10. newb

newb Resident Newb

+1000 my shave brother. It's a good razor and if it wasn't for the shave den I never would have tried it. I certainly hope the R41 I have on order will live up to the hype.

Alebrewer likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Stahley Live Blade is the devil's razor.

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I passed up on one of those this weekend.
    Guy at the antique store was wanting $38 with a mint case but the razor spring was broken.
    Somehow after seeing one up close, my AD for that went away. :happy102:

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I went to a new barber yesterday (the barber himself isn't new, he's 70). He has an old display case, including a Cooper DE, some boxed blades and a cased, minty SLB. He wound it up and let me hold it. Wasn't for sale but I didn't ask. I can't see shaving with it only because it'd be like shaving with a flashlight.

Grace to you...

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

He also told me a good barber shave, which he could do if he had 45 minutes, would cost about $40 only because of the heads he could cut in that same time at $10 per. He said the usual reason barbers claim to not do it anymore (sanitary regulations, hygiene, etc) is bunk; truth is, it got to be that there's just not enough guys who wanted it and/or were willing to pay what it would run. So they pretty much quit offering it.

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have a Cooper DE, not the real high end one. It is worn but in good shaving shape. It is an open combed 3 piece and it shaved real well with a Gillette vintage stainless. I don't know about the Cooper flip open models and how well they shave. Any Cooper is hard to get a hold of these days.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I know nothing about how well Cooper's were made but at a glance, the one he had - while shabby - looked to have been pretty heavily plated back in the day. Were they a quality razor?

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's the one all right.

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have a Lord Super which I find is a very good and easy razor to use. I plan to shave with again in the very near future. It's pretty mild, although not quite as mild as my Super Speed.