Gillette Canadian Rocket TTO timeline

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Sep 12, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

3 different examples including Achim's.?..possible but makes sense.his site lists these metal cases with aristocrats up to 1952.well after the razor was introduced,though maybe not in gold.

2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The possibility is there. What is certain they wouldn't have been offered in sets prior to 52 period since no gold plated razors were offered in those Canadian Rocket sets. That puts them if offered in only the blue cases used for Deluxe sets and later regular sets. As stated in another post thus far no known to me anyways examples of the gold plated Super Speed styled Rockets exist with date codes later than X which correlates to 1952. So if they do show up I would say the safe bet is between 53 - 56.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    brit likes this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The aluminum one is from 53. I forgot the set number but my research showed all 1 pc razors including that British Aristocrat Jr. were primarily made of aluminum along with the coronation sets.

The switch over to the diamond indent is assumed to be 1950 for all British razors. That year was determined by the fact the 4th gen British Aristocrats were first sold in 50.

brit likes this.
  4. xiletero

xiletero Member

I just got a Gold Rocket, made in England, no numbers, triangular baseplate and I got it from Canada.....64gr on my cheap balance. No box. Now , could it be a Canadian Rocket Deluxe , or just a plain UK Rocket Gold.....not used yet by me; condition : user grade....I bet someone w no idea polished half the gold off. I do have 2 Rocket HD's and 3 Rockets that look like flair tips, made in England w different markings.... II, S, A. Let's hope this las model shaves as smooth as the others........

Aztecmike, brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  5. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

do you mean that one?

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1948-1954 Rocket Gold.JPG

brit and Aztecmike like this.
  6. xiletero

xiletero Member

Yes, like that in her "golden" days, - case. Gold is good in the upper and lower tray (both were not cleaned (thank God), but the top of the doors the gold is almost gone and the handle is vanishing.... 63gr. Shaves OK. I think the HD is smoother for me....but I have used this only once.