Gillette Guard Cartridge Razor

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by 5Savages, Mar 24, 2012.

1. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Too late :D. This guard is on the way to me. I believe I paid 5 bucks for the razor and 5 extra carts. That should be enough for a year or so of travel shaving.

2. B-3

B-3 Active Member

You can buy 100 Astras or Big Bens or others for the same money.
    These should last close to a year or more.
    Any Gillette Tech or Travel Tech weighs nothing in your traveler's bag.

3. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Yeah this was my initial plan, but I read you can't bring DE blades on a plane as a carry on. I usually try to travel light and don't always bring stow away luggage. Save's time and hassle when you get to your destination.

5Savages likes this.
  4. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Bingo!

5. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Glad I dont fly any more.
    Between grabbing our junk, and turning all of us into scruffy nerf herders, no wonder there is so much hatred in the world.

The OP had nothing to do with traveling in it.

Lexicon Devil likes this.
  6. 5Savages

Actually if you read it to the end you'll see it. From the OP:

7. B-3

B-3 Active Member

yup, read it twice, and missed it
    None so blind, as those that will not see
    Still not flying, and gonna use my Tech, until the they pry it from my hands

JRod22 likes this.
  8. 5Savages

As much as I like the Guard, and think that it does a fantastic job, I have not been able to bring myself to use it at home when there are so many DE choices sitting on my shelf.

JRod22 likes this.
  9. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Though about this post, and have to ask, why not take a tech with you.
    I can not think of anywhere you can not buy DE blades in the world.

10. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I guess your right, Walmart sells Wilkies right. And CVS, Walgreens, and RiteAid all sell their store brand Personna's. I guess it just seems easier to not have to worry about that. What's that saying, "ignorance is bliss." haha.

11. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Puzzle_4fce3320303ae_90x90.jpg There's the ultimate travel razor. :happy102: Breaks down into 30 pieces

youngunn and 178-bplatoon like this.
  12. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Came across this article about the guard in a different thread. http://www.edhelper.com/visual_skills905.htm Mentions "P&G included features like easy-rinsing, given the paucity of water in target markets" Looks like the whole, it needs less water than other razors comment in the OP by 5savages is probably quite true.

13. B-3

B-3 Active Member

Me thinks I'd call it "roughing it" and besides you would get to explain what a fine razor the Tech is to the TSA.

14. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've heard stories of the TSA confiscating DE razors even though they don't have a blade in them.

15. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Anything that is different makes people uncomfortable. It is quite stupid to confiscate an unloaded razor. I guess they are dangerous because they are so heavy. Hahaha if you threw a heavy DE at someone it could do some damage. This is a joke btw.

Ryan B likes this.
  16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

What did he shave?? He still looks like me after two days of no shaving...I don't see the point, if I wanted to look that unshaved I wouldn't waste my time shaving at all..:)

17. 178-bplatoon

I used the "Bump Fighter" handle with my Trac2 carts right before I started shaving properly with DE's and SE's...:) It has nice weight,girth and grip to it and they sell the single blade carts with it. How stupid is the TSA, no DE/SE razor blades but now small pocket knives are allowed...I'm sure glad I don't fly...:(

18. 5Savages

That's certainly not my experience with it. I can get as close with the Guard as I can with any DE razor.

Hey, if it's not for you, then it's not for you, no big deal. It does work great for others though.

JRod22 likes this.
  19. B-3

B-3 Active Member

I think they are agents for the cart companies :eek:

JRod22 likes this.
  20. 178-bplatoon

I totally agree 5Savages. I was just commenting on the guy in the video..Did he looked shaved to you?