Gillette Sensor for women cartridges

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by ndorfinmachine, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ndorfinmachine

ndorfinmachine New Member

Are these exactly the same thing as sensor blades for men? Just a different color? I ask because the Department store that my brother manages has them on clearance. Only 2 bucks for a pack of 5. I was gonna stock up on them if they are the same and fit my sensor razor. I may be wrong, but the only difference I noticed was the color and they have an aloe strip instead of the white one. Think these are alright to shave my face?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm not certain, but I would say yes they're the same.

Not sure if they would fit the men's sensor handle though.

If they don't, I'm sure you could sell them for some profit on Ebay.

3. ndorfinmachine

ndorfinmachine New Member

Very good idea. There were quiet a few on the shelf.

4. riffin

riffin Active Member

I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the handle. At Amazon, the blades look very similar, but I don't know for sure. More similar than the M3 vs. Venus.

With the M3, either blade would fit on either handle, but the women's blades were more guarded than the men's. Looking at them, the difference was pretty obvious. My wife tried some of my M3 blades ages ago and didn't like their more open feel.

5. Pauldog

Pauldog New Member

I have some women's Sensor blades made by American Safety Razor, and they fit ALL Sensor razors - Sensor, Sensor Excel, Sensor 3, men's, women's, chihuahua's, wolverine's, etc.

The fittings on the back of the cartridges are all the same on anything marked "Sensor".