Gone in 60 Seconds..

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by brit, Apr 26, 2020.

1. brit

brit in a box

Hello fello denizens..i know this is a shaving forum,but..there has to be some car guys and gals here..in my time as a mechanic/gear head/hot rodder i've had some fine rides.i know of some others here that have some hot wheels..if you had the time,some $$ and an open road,what would your next ride be..what's your favorite ride,past,present or future..pics are awesome..i currently have an 09 mustang gt -mildly modded.but have had some crazy cars in the past..this is the Gear Head Thread folks..
    I will start..my favorite would be "The Blue Lady"..Jim Morrison's 67 Shelby GT500.
    download (9).jpg images (5).jpg .

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I would add another mustang to the corral to keep my 1964.5 and 2007 company.

I would love a 1969 Ford Shelby GT 500. For some reason, I love this car!
    003202E3-6AD7-4C0A-83EE-4ED55B591428.jpeg 4200D4D0-03A8-4BC1-AB8A-7895B90C7424.jpeg

Edison Carter, Ron R, MR41 and 5 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

very cool Jim.it would be great company for your others.love the grabber blue..:)

Jim99 likes this.
  4. whaap

whaap Active Member

When Mustang first came out they immediately got my attention. But Mustang didn't 'grab' me until the 1967 model came out. I bought a '67 fastback and really enjoyed that car. My next nice car purchase was in 1972 when I bought a '71 Corvette convertible from Roger Penske. Over the years I've had an '87 Porsche 911 Carrera convertible, a Scion FR-S and a Mini-Cooper. Dollar for dollar the Mini was my favorite car. A Porsche buddy of mine described the Mini as being 80% the fun of a Porsche for 25% of the cost. i'm an old fart now driving a Honda CR-V. If I were to buy the car of my choice today it would be a Cayman.

5. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir,you have had some nice cars.i had a 1972 mini many years ago,green with a white roof,not a cooper.the 67 fastback 390 gt was my favorite model mustang.if you have a pic or 2 ..:)..cool corvette..my favorite 67 .i bought a 2007 gt in this color for my 40th birthday..sold it after 5 years with 26.000 mile on it..my present 09 gt is white..thank you for posting.. 1967_ford_mustang_fastback_15420501430f9b947c351a1c980df1-940x625.jpg not my pic..

Edison Carter, Ron R, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  6. whaap

whaap Active Member

Beautiful '67!! No, I regret not having one picture of mine. My wife called it the Hairy Canary. Guess what color it was!! :)

brit likes this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Gorgeous car! I gather that you’re into the fastback mustangs. They definitely command a premium on the market nowadays. Hey, there’s a price to pay for works of art!

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

its my favorite mustang .never got one or could afford one. bought one of these new for my 40th.. images (8).jpg ,sold it in 2012 for work purposes with 26,00 miles on it.i never really liked the light grey interior.put some roush stuff on it when i worked for ford.this is my present one,09 glassroof,i got with similar mileage.black interior thankfully.. 2009-Ford-Mustang-1008428-1-sm_edited_edited_edited.jpg done some non visual performance and handling mods..:D.still not a 67 but bang for the buck fun..:)..

Edison Carter, Ron R, MR41 and 4 others like this.
  9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

New or vintage, if I could find one here.........

CH3.jpg CH1.jpg CH2.jpg

Edison Carter, Ron R, MR41 and 4 others like this.
  10. Keithmax

But this was my dream car since high school, 1962 XKE

j.jpg

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Mine too, Keith. I'd even settle for a '66 or '67.

I know next to nothing about sports cars, but I love the looks of these vintage Jag convertibles.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Not quite as sporty as the XKE, but still a fun car and British too...

BA650F53-EE43-45B0-928E-270FF96CB535.jpeg

One of my buddies was driving one of these back in our college days. It was a rough ride, drafty and noisy. What a fun car!

13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I love Mustangs, but here’s a close second. We’re talking dream cars here, right?

E50A65F9-7E2B-4CA1-819A-4CDEFF90854C.jpeg

Edison Carter, Ron R, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I never had a "fancy" car.

brit and Jim99 like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Jan&Dean-"I was cruising in my Stingray late one night, when an XKE pulled up on my right"

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  16. Keithmax

The TR6 does look sporty and fun.

17. brit

brit in a box

18. brit

brit in a box

yet..;)..

Jim99 likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

dreaming most definitely allowed..:) download.jpg .got to drive on of these from one lot to another as a teenager..:D

20. brit

brit in a box

our Jeff @jgreenepa here on the tsd has a cool blue one..

Jim99 likes this.