Gone in 60 Seconds..

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by brit, Apr 26, 2020.

1. brit

brit in a box

2. brit

brit in a box

3. brit

brit in a box

4. brit

brit in a box

5. brit

brit in a box

6. brit

brit in a box

7. brit

brit in a box

welcome to all gearheads..show us your favorites..:)

Jim99 likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

Dave in KY and Jim99 like this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

*Edit to add - I should have added it last night but the driver being pursued is Bill Hickman who was also in Bullitt and The French Connection.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Dave in KY, brit and Jim99 like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool ,never seen that movie before..

11. brit

brit in a box

PanChango likes this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

This is another one I like with the mid 80s cop cars getting beat to snot.

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

wa0615-215133_1@2x.jpg long-gone-mustang.jpg wa0615-215133_2@2x.jpg sc0513-153723_2@2x.jpg FL0111-102784_1.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Dave in KY and Jim99 like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Honestly, my favorite car ever is the one I currently own; a Hyundai Ioniq. When it eventually needs to be replaced (hopefully not for a number of years yet) I'd buy another.

brit likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i am of that mindset.all of the cars i've had i loved and enjoyed while i had them,including the present one.:).

17. brit

brit in a box

18. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

My favorite car I have ever owned was a high school graduation gift - 1971 Mustang Mach 1. It was Wimbledon White with black accents; 351 Cleveland under a Ram Air hood. It was a frame off restoration with all original parts. My dad's good friend restored Mustangs professionally so he gave us a really good deal on my mine. I did work on my dad's building construction crew for the entire previous summer without pay, so I guess that work went towards my gift. Those were some hot Alabama days.

The friend had some beautiful cars in his garage. He had sold several to Nascar folks before so I was lucky to have the one I did. My favorites he completed were the Shelby's. Specifically I still remember a black and gold 1970 Mustang Shelby GT500. Wow that was amazing.

Unfortunately I can't find any of my old pictures, but the one below from the internet looks just like it. The only difference is mine had the rally hubcaps, not wheels (the hubcaps were not as common).
    This is what my old one looked like (NOT MY PIC):

1971_Ford_Mustang_Mach_1_(14564760649).jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Dave in KY, Jim99 and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

beautiful car Andrew.,best year imo of the flatbacks..friend has a 429 model in grabber blue.fun car..what happened to it if i may ask?

Jim99 and Droo78 like this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I went to college and took it with me. It ended up not being a great college car as I was afraid of the door dings. Also, being all original it had the 1971 radio with one speaker in the middle of the dash. Not so great for 1990's standards I thought. Anyway, I convinced my parents to keep it back home and I traded in my 1986 Jeep Comanche towards a basic 1996 Mustang V6 instead. My younger brother eventually took over the Mach 1 and he drove it into the ground. He put subwoofers in the back seat which turned it into a rattle trap and he thought neon running lights would also be a good idea. Moron...

Jim99 and brit like this.