Gone in 60 Seconds..

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by brit, Apr 26, 2020.

1. brit

brit in a box

i am a gear head:D,i would rather listen to the engine burble away than tunes,but i understand your situation.does your family still have it.?well worth restoring these days..lots of stuff available for them now,more than in the 90s..my love of 60s cars created my career,was a mechanic for 25+ years and been in the biz for 30+.will always love hot rods,:)

Jim99 and Droo78 like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I couldn't hear the radio over that engine anyway! It sounded great. My brother ended up wrecking the car and it's in a junkyard somewhere now I am sure.It would be nice to have one to restore though. I'm a single father so my Kia Sorento does just fine for me now.

brit likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

4. brit

brit in a box

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

brit likes this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i agree..:).. 1967-shelby-gt350-fastback_2297.jpg

Dave in KY, Jim99 and Edison Carter like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I love the fog lamps on the ‘67! Didn’t the early ones come with the 427 race engine?

:signs021:

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

yes ,in the early gt 500.the gt350 had the 289 cu in..later gt 500s got the 428..

Jim99 likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

saw this car at Brand Hatch in the late 70s.. 2b0981cdd13461947c22f150b1fa560e.jpg

11. brit

brit in a box

12. brit

brit in a box

0cb120fb56de622808964550e7f9a46a.jpg grand sport corvette..

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  13. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Not to hijack the thread, but just to keep in the shaving tradition, why not list what After Shave you would
    wear for the car. After all, one wouldn’t wear Brut if driving a Bentley. Now Brut with a ‘79 RX7, yeah.
    As for the O.P., a 60’s car, Jim was into mysterious ‘Eastern’ type philosophies, I’m thinking, Jade East.
    As for me, in cold weather, one of those cars from the early 30’s, with the running boards, and the back
    rectangular window. The car they used in all the old gangster movies. Looks good with a Fedora, and Topcoat.
    For that ‘situation’ I would wear Bay Rum. Old school, kinda’ gangster/piratey.
    In summer, the Stutz Bearcat. Open top, nice for spring and summer. You pull up to a place in a suit
    with a Boater, in a Bearcat, you own the scene. For that ‘situation’, nothing else but the ‘Veg’ seems appropriate.

Edison Carter, Jim99 and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

to be honest,most of the cars i owned or built were raced in some form,so i would say Chiseled Face Midnight Stag,as i was under the hood or doing mods..or anything leather scented would do.this is more of a gearhead thread ..:D

15. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Hey, I’m 50 years old, I remember those cars, and the cats that drove them. A melange of A.V. Ice Blue
    Busch beer, incense, and arena weed. All set to Foghat Live. (on 8-track). God I miss the 70’s.

Edison Carter, brit and Jim99 like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

sounds about right..i'm 53..:)

17. brit

brit in a box

18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Cool! The driver could barely see the track ahead of him.

brit and Droo78 like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

i imagine so..i read stories about gassers an how the drivers just saw sky when they raced them..crazy..:D

Droo78 and Jim99 like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My favorite car to date, is my current one- a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid. It’s comfortable, quiet & gets 45-50mpg. I also LOVE the smart cruise control.
    A3BEEDE0-810F-46B6-8B8D-76C2110CBB70.jpeg

SRQShaver, Dave in KY, Droo78 and 4 others like this.