Good budget soaps - looking for Your favourite sets

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by AlaskanPug22, Feb 7, 2023.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

I have to add another recent-ish discovery that I'm outrageously impressed with: Adagio Road.

I think I'm at the point where I can comfortably call it my new favorite soap in this price bracket. Unexpected considering I had never even heard of them before and my girlfriend chose them at random as a surprise gift. I have four more pucks on the way for, like, $21 shipped.

Revised (again) list:

Adagio Road
    Mike's
    Shannon's
    Stirling

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Surprised nobody said MDC hahaha!

Adagio Road is indeed a fantastic underrated artisan. Have a puck of their Lamb Tallow Coconut Lime Verbena that is great.

Shannon's is another great option. The older base is around $12. Thick creamy lather.

Also 2nd the Razorock Triple Milled soaps. Very cheap yet excellent perfoemance. Black Label is favorite followed by Yellow.

Love My Skin is a eBay M&P type soap. Not the most protective but 1.5 oz samples for reasonable price.

Mystic Water- pucks are around $12 with plenty of scents plus samples available.

Micks Grooming- a while back they were selling soaps for $6. Fantastic ingredients.

Can't forget about the cheapest of them all Arko. Scent is not for everyone but the stick will loose it's potency if left exposed to air over time.

There are plenty of inexpensive options out there especially for how long a tub of shave soap lasts. So even a tub that might cost $15 will provide a crazy number of shaves.

brit likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    OP is one of those post and run fellows. Hasn't been online since February.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've noticed a few "new" members on here that only post once or twice, but never again. One time I googled a quote of a new member and it came up on other forums. Seems like they want an answer, then they don't appear any more.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanx for mentionining Mystic Water....it's on my list.

Ksblazer likes this.
  7. sidpost

sidpost Active Member

AlaskanPug22 suggests this user might not have the best online access for things like this. While not applicable to most, online access restrictions do apply to some people.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Looking at the Adagio site, it seems the company has its own version of the P.A.A. scuttles. I have the P.A.A. Moonscape bowl and brush scuttle, which are my go-to, and although the designs of these look interesting, the price puts me way off. I can get the P.A.A. scuttle for far less than what Adagio charges.

9. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

I don't own either scuttle, as I face lather exclusively. My praise is singularly toward their soaps... the only product I've used from them.

Michael_W likes this.