Good Classic Masculine Cologne

Discussion in 'Scents' started by simeltzer, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've tried British Stoylin, but the scent doesn't jump out at my memory. I wonder if it's a kind of "glorified Avon 4 Men Tribute".

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

...or furniture polish. The smell of that on a man drives me wild (especially when there is clean furniture nearby.)

Keithmax, mrchick, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A lot of ladies are attracted to their husbands when they smell like dish soap and all the dishes are washed, dried, and put away.

Keithmax, Enrico, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  4. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

All I can offer opinions on is mass market stuff.....English Leather,Denim Classic, ,Lomani (close to the original formulation of Drakkar),Lilac,Pino Sylvestre,Monsiuer Musk,Wild Country.The problem is what is popular in one region is ignored in others(see Denim),or what was considered masculine falls out of favor or becomes dated.(see lilac types)(and Drakkar types..but my wife loves the way Lomani smells on me)

RyX likes this.
  5. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

actually the Avon
    version of Sterling is Blend 7.usually found on the Bay in a milk glass shave mug a/s decanter set.not a hot weather scent to me.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I have Lomani in cologne collection as well. While some may consider it as a bit of a dated scent. I think its a classic. Gotten plenty of compliments over the years wearing those classic 80s Fougere scents.

Feel that its quite masculin too.

Keithmax and RyX like this.