Got a bottle of the Veg

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Drygulch, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Glad you were chosen. Even more glad to have the bottle out of the house. Enjoy.

2. crb81

crb81 Well-Known Member

I still think I might get a friend to try it just to see if he smells like cat pee all day lol

Bama Samurai and Drygulch like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I agree with David, once it drys down the scent is very pleasant and not overpowering at all.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

WP_20151127_001.jpg So.... Like a good obedient servant husband I went shopping on black Friday, which ultimately landed me at Bed Bath and beyond. While wandering aimlessly, my radar went off, sensing wet shaving supplies near by. Aisle to the right; several different varieties VDH kits, brushes, soaps, etc. And behold! bottles of.........The Veg!! Unbelievable, and my wife has a 20% coupon to boot . So it's true; good things come to those that take wives shopping on black Friday:)

youngunn, txskimo, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I was in Lowe's, browsing the rat bait and pest repellent aisle, when I made the same discovery!

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Decanting is a must, to glass or porcelain depending on if you are Chosen. I found a nearly empty Soy Sauce bottle that my 6 oz Initiates bottle fit well. If you refill the empty plastic bottle with water and in 10 second increments heat it up, the label glue will soften. Sure beats the cost of a Vintage bottle from the Bay.
    The VEG.gif
    Somewhere in the world someone is now searching for that old original glass bottle.

mrchick likes this.
  7. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

Everytime I read all of these, it makes me want a bottle again. I think the veg will be ordered with my next paycheck.

mrchick likes this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Well, I passed the first test (I think). I shaved and finished off with a bog ol handful of the Veg right before bed. I asked SWMBO "so.......what you think of my new found aftershave?". I'm waiting for cat pee, dead bodies, and the like. All I got was "powdered baby wipes" I take it as a thumbs up ;)

youngunn and RyX like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Was she just being polite and actually referring to used wipes? :p

youngunn, txskimo and mrchick like this.
  10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I thought to ask, but I thought best to quit while I was ahead:)
    I will say this; the bottle should last a looong time....

youngunn, mrchick and swarden43 like this.
  11. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Lilacs forever!!!!!! The Veg is great!!!

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I know the bottle I once had would certainly last forever. ;)

pvtbanks likes this.
  13. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Just this evening my 6th grade granddaughter was smelling my soaps and after shaves. When she came across the veg, she crossed her eyes and made a face. Naturally I asked what it smelled like. She couldn't provide a definite answer. I said some think that it smells like cat pee. To which she responded; exactly". I guess this means that she wasn't chosen? :)

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That's it. I'm using The Veg tomorrow.

Mike Brown, RyX and Spyder like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm with Ya! I keep my Veg front and center, and use it often.

Mike Brown likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think I use the veg on average 3-4 times/week. It's a scent and product for men.

Mike Brown and Primotenore like this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    "REAL" men. :happy088:

Mike Brown and Darkbulb like this.
  18. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

^^ Nailed it^^

Mike Brown and Primotenore like this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

This thought just came to me while I pondered "those that are chosen."
    Yes, you may like the smell. But what about those around you who may think you been in a litter box?
    Just wonderin'.
    There is a point where I may not care what others may think, but I certainly don't want to reach the point of "offensive."

youngunn likes this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Most of the offensive part evaporates quickly leaving the lilac to linger. I do catch a whiff later in the day. Might be even more of the sharing during hot humid days. Being a person that enjoys my own personal space, only someone that crowds me would be offended.