Got girls?

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Queen of Blades, Apr 11, 2007.

1. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Good for you and her! :)

2. I succeeded this weekend in getting my girlfriend to let me shave her legs for her. She went through my soaps and picked out the sample of Polynesian Red scented TSD Soap (thank you, JoAnna!). I lathered it up with my Shea Moisture badger brush, put a Wally-World Wilkinson-Sword DE blade in my Blue Lady Gillette and went to work.

I was terribly nervous because I just knew that if I were to cut her, she would probably be forever turned off from trying wetshaving again. It really took some concentration to get everything right since I wasn't the one being shaved (I tested it on my leg first to get an idea of how to go about it). But in the end, everything went perfectly. One BBS ATG pass with no cuts or nicks. She LOVES it!

I did have one unexpected outcome, however: She now demands that I shave her legs for her from now on. She said it was so luxurious and felt wonderful--like being pampered. While my original intent was just to get her interested in wetshaving and to enjoy it, somehow, this "chore" that she now requests of me doesn't sound like so much of a bad idea either... :D

3. soapbuddy

:laugh042 I'm glad to hear it went well. I would say that's pampering too. Are bribes in order?

4. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:signs107 Many happy shaves together Nathan! ;)

5. My husband had me try one of his DE's several months ago and I love it. Shaving has become more of a relaxing experience and not a chore. I like it so much that we are deciding if we are going to teach our daughter to shave with a DE.

6. soapbuddy

A great way to pass on the tradition.

7. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Good luck with it Tina! When I think back, I would have preferred to learn with a DE. I definitely have less/no irritation today. :)

8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

My baby momma (and wife) is still on the disposable & canned gel bandwagon. I lathered up some Arko cream for her once and she used it, but said she didn't see any difference in the quality of the shave. She's not interested in using a DE. That's fine with me--it means she won't be wanting to use my stuff. :D

9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

:sihns011 I let my wife use my Muhle for a few stokes...She too didn't see any difference. She said her Venus is faster.

10. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

My wife has my 1st SE handle..loves it with SS blades a 24mm Country Uncle Badger brush..new addition...Omega 22mm boar brush :D
    She also uses my Tweezerman brush (small one)

ST