got in my baton handle gem...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by omegapd, Feb 27, 2009.

1. omegapd

omegapd New Member

One of the ugliest safety razors? Possibly, but it feels a lot better for me to hold onto than the skinny handled ones.

[​IMG]

and the original blade with it...

[​IMG]

I'll give it its first spin in the morning...:D

EW

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have two of those..they are great to shave with. Enjoy

Fuzzy

3. Quest

Quest New Member

Some of the best rides i have had has come from the uglist cars i have ever seen

4. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

I call this particular model the Fat Man,as opposed to the much inferior Fat Boy!

5. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Them's fightin' words! :transport024

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I sold my fatboy with in a week of getting it,,,, Could not get a decent shave from it.. I will have to break out my fat man for a shave monday morning maybe,

Fuzzy

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Seeing that I do have large hands, I should probably give this one a try. However, it has never appealed to me in the least bit. They come up on eBay often enough, I should try to snag one. I just in general don't like plastic on my razors so I have never considered it.

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Congrats on the score! I just hope your first spin with it isn't with that original blade! :rolleyes: :happy102

9. Quest

Quest New Member

That makes my face hurt just thinking about it Ouch! :D

10. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Me either. But, I finally decided against aesthetics and went with practicality. We'll see if I go back to the shiny ones after this morning. ;)

11. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Dude, you know I'll have to try it...:eek: I may strop it first, though.

12. omegapd

omegapd New Member

First shave this morning. I didn't use the original blade but a new one from ASR Co. Pre-lather with my favorite olive oil/aloe Ebay soap and then a lather of VDH Deluxe. No problems and a fantastic shave with 2 passes and a touch up. Finished with some Barbasol Brisk and after that dried, a pat down with Clubman talc. Saw one tiny blood spot on the chin after applying the talc, but didn't feel it. Just a wonderful feeling/handling razor...

Eric

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Congrats on the successful shave! It'll only get better! :happy088

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Told you so:D As ugly as them things are,,.,. and they are ugly.. they shave veddy veddy nice.

Enjoy the shaves.

Fuzzy

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If you want to try one before you buy one let me know. I can send you one to try out.

Fuzzy

16. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

To some FatBoy lovers what you speak is blasphemy. But I love it. And I love my GEMs. No FatBoy can hold a candle a 1912 GEM with the "Fat" handle.

17. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Fat Man, Baton, Fat Man, Baton, I don't know which I like better. :D

18. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i always called it the gem fatboy :chores016

19. tom myers

tom myers Member

Unless, of course, it's a Star Fatboy, or perhaps a Treet Fatboy. :D Again, note the Treet has the safety bar rather than the closed comb.

OK Dave, was there an ER Fatboy?? I suspect ASR had discontinued using the Ever-Ready name on razors by then. I've never seen one of these. :confused:

Regards,
    Tom

Attached Files:

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks Tom now I have MORE razors to look for :D

Those look great.. How does the safety bar shave compared to the closed comb?

Fuzzy