Got poor tired razors? I need help with project.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Tforc, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Bryan Rocks!

2. Tforc

Tforc Member

For the gun black to stick well, the old surface must be sanded well. It is pretty difficult to do that on an SE. I had him look at trying when he first got into this project. Maybe things have changed and his sanding equipment can get in all the small places that are hard to get to on an SE. However....

This is true but I have my air eraser/mini blaster it can reach places sand paper can't.
    Pm sent mabe we have a volunteer?
    Thanks Jeff glad whew might get a swelled head if you keep cheering.
    Take care
    B

3. jay_bird

jay_bird Member

I will send on of my SE's out by the end of the week.

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I may be interested in sending an SE to try this out on as well. Jay_bird, what SE are you sending?

5. jay_bird

jay_bird Member

Maybe the Star 1912 or a clog pruf.

6. stingraysrock

I think it may be time for Bryan to switch from experimenter to vendor and start charging for all of this fine work! I have two razors coated by Bryan, one straight and one DE. Very valuable service here I think!

7. jay_bird

jay_bird Member

stringray...right after mine! :scared003:

8. Tforc

Tforc Member

quote I think it may be time for Bryan to switch from experimenter to vendor and start charging for all of this fine work! I have two razors coated by Bryan, one straight and one DE. Very valuable service here I think!

The problem with doing it for money it can take the fun out of it. This started to get some good razors back in action that were in good shape just dident look good stuck in the back drawer. I have gotten some tips in the form of blades creams ect and enjoyed them very much. I also accept shipping. This way when i get busy with life or coating guns i can take my time. I will give it some thought.
    B

9. stingraysrock

Whatever path you choose, the fact remains that you indeed have restored a great many razors back into general use! Your generosity has benefited a large portion of our friends, including me, and I thank you for it!

10. Tforc

Tforc Member

NEXT!!! MRast01 and Etoyoc come on down to the Slim Show. first up MRast01 center blade t0p nickel, doors black, blade bars stainless, blade lifter black, adjuster stainless, handle is black with stainless tint overlay, bottom knob stainless, bottom spring cap nickel. Etoyoc your slim is a one of a kind color mix of black and stainless looks like raw steel or dark stainless, the pits you see were the corrosion areas. Both are sporting new racing red numbers. Both blade lifters were measured and put back for correct adjustment. Both are on there way home.
    Enjoy
    Bryan

Photo1562.jpg Photo1563.jpg Photo1570.jpg Photo1572.jpg Photo1574.jpg Photo1575.jpg Photo1582.jpg

battle.munky, rodd and Nick A like this.
  11. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

WOW!!! :drool: That looks awesome! I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for that beauty to get here. This was a fantastic idea that you came up with to bring new life into some old razors and for sharing it with our community here.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Wow! I told you I didn't care what color you used. However, that is sweet! Also, I forgot how much corrosion was on that slim I sent you.

Next week is adjustable theme week! I know what will have a starring role in the week once it arrives.

13. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

They're both really sharp, but I REALLY like the two toned colors. I wish I had a slim to send you.

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent work Bryan!

15. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I have to say I like the look. Looks......tactical.

16. Tforc

Tforc Member

Thank you for your kind words glad all turned out and all having patience.
    B

17. this is an awesome thread.
    amazing work man!

18. when are you going to do a rolls razor?

19. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder! I would have forgotten without it. Now I have my new "tactical" Slim loaded for battle with my whiskers in the morning.

20. Tforc

Tforc Member

shhhh dont let the cat out of the bag woops. I did just get a hashed up rolls looking at the thread on how to take it apart clean it. This will be a while due to other projects and razors to coat. It should be just as nice as the DEs and Straight just more area to coat. I will post pics.
    B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.