Got poor tired razors? I need help with project.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Tforc, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I don't know. You know how I like my Slims! I saw ocrazorman selling one recently and it looked slick! On top of that just saying Black Nickel Slim sounds cool!

Bird Lives likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

No "Fat Black"? :happy102:

Bird Lives and GDCarrington like this.
  3. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Bryan, you do some amazing work!

Ever thought of putting a spin on some new technology razors?

I've got a brand new Merkur Progress that I'd love to see tricked out!

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you can make a Mood Razor that changes color with your temperament, I'm in.

Seriously, I'm half-tempted to send you my Clix but since they're (for me) so hard to come by minty...I'm nervous.

EDIT: Crap, I didn't read enough and this post was made after the big reveal...sorry...:ashamed001:

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Tforc

Tforc Member

Bryan, you do some amazing work!

Ever thought of putting a spin on some new technology razors?

I've got a brand new Merkur Progress that I'd love to see tricked out!

This started for hashed out no plate razors and if you look back some of them were corroded out. So to answer your question is a new razor would be easy if it can be taken apart. At the moment well It took 3+ months to get to Mr. Carringtons and two other peeps razors. I also need to send back my mini blaster the trigger is sticking. With that said hey send a PM we can always talk.
    B​

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Bryan,

My intent was not to start you up again. We had a new member join discussing the Weber Razors and I showed him this thread as a comparison piece so he can see a similar effect on vintage razors. Again, thanks for the razor coats.

Gary

7. Tforc

Tforc Member

Dont even give it a second thought Mr. Carrington all is well in shave land here.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. newb

newb Resident Newb

Tforc, It's a little late but I wish to thank you for the awesome job done on my razors. It was well worth the wait. Thanks.

9. Tforc

Tforc Member

You sir are most welcome thank you for your 3months + worth of patience glad to help.
    B

10. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Where's the best place to get razors replated?

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I use Reliable Electroplating myself.

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A bump on an old thread so that everyone can see it.

Azarius and awake2shave like this.
  13. Tforc

Tforc Member

Thanks for the bump. I won't be doing anything for a while. Lost my job of 20years to down sizing. Will see what happens when I get a job. There is info on how to coat razors in the first few pages if needed.
    Take care
    B

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I know all about the sizing issue. 11 years at my job when I got the axe and then had to shuffle around for several years at different places until I got back home.
    I will keep a good thought for you.

As to the razors, I think someone is beginning to take a possible interest in picking up this method. I am involved but not hands on. We shall see what becomes of this.

alpla444 likes this.
  15. newb

newb Resident Newb

Why not charge for your service ? You do such a good job that I would think you might be able to make a little extra cash on the side while your looking for a new job ? You did such a great job on my razors, I for one would be happy to pay for your services.

16. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your job, I know what it's like the company I worked at for 27 years closed down a few years ago it took me a while to get a steady job. Best of luck in job search and in the mean time newbs idea is worth thinking about.

alpla444 likes this.
  17. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Im hoping things work out well for you Tforce, as your work was getting better and better, like the way you put a new twist on classic razors, it showed great vision and work ethic. And the way you aways tried to improve the process was great to see:).

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

19. Rob

Rob New Member

I'm new around here, and new to DE shaving, but I can't help but wonder, wouldn't this be a nice piece of side income for you while looking for new work? I know I'd be happy to pay for your services.

I apologize for sticking my nose where it might not belong, but it seems the demand might be there, and the service is certainly high quality.

PLANofMAN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.