Got This Razor for Travel.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Terry, May 12, 2019.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Terry that’s a nice little Franken-razor. Glad it works for you.

Terry, brit and Hembree like this.
  2. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Cute razor. But the reality is you don't need a "travel" razor, one where the handle comes apart, in order for it to be your travel razor. I wanted a razor that would give me a decent shave and one that was a bit forgiving since you never know what your travel conditions are going to be like. I also wanted a razor that was inexpensive and one which could be easily replaced for a small cost. I ended up with an Edwin Jagger DE89 handle paired with Razorock's clone head of a DE89. I bought a plain unpainted Altoids type tin, glued some wooden separators and lined it with felt. It holds the handle, the head and a vintage Gillette nickel blade case. It's probably only slightly bigger than the case used to hold this "travel" razor. It fits perfectly in my dopp kit along with a smaller covered lather bowl, a RR Plissoft brush in a Simpsons travel tube and the rest of my travel accoutrements. All the liquids go in a separate TSA compliant bag for when I carry my bags on. Of course, I always leave the double edge home if I am carrying on. All of the stuff is super cheap and easily replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged. There are a million ways to go with any travel kit. It just has to make sense for you.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

This is my German travel razor, which I got in a lot. The case is courtesy of @wchnu and greatly appreciated. The only markings on the razor is "MADE IN GERMANY" on the bottom of the bottom plate, and "GERMANY" on the back of the case. I haven't used it yet, but I should. I also might re-line the case in the near future.

20190516_145935.jpg

Jayaruh, Terry, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

You know who is jealous that you guys have those really cool travel razors? This guy. Thanks for the Razor Pron.

5. jimjo1031

I did the same with an Altoid tin. It's for a future project involving a DIY handle, but will work with almost anything. In this case, a Gillette Gold Tech. I used individual pieces of dense foam and lined in red material.

20190516_151249.jpg

Jayaruh, brit, MntnMan62 and 3 others like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Mine didn't come out quite so nice. I'd post a pic but my pics always seem to be too large for this site, even when I send them to myself on my phone. I also have trouble posting on TSN and DFS. No troubles on ATG or TSC. I also didn't have problems on B&B, until I was banned of course.

Jayaruh, Terry, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. jimjo1031

You can get the Tapatalk app. Any size picture will work as I think it re-sizes it automatically.

Hembree, Terry and brit like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Looking good. If you have not yet shave with it. I have a video shaving with one on my youtube channel.

brit, Hembree, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  9. jimjo1031

Just saw it, nice video.

brit, Hembree and Terry like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks

Terry, jimjo1031, brit and 1 other person like this.