Grab bag

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jbcohen, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

WooHoo!!!

2. YAY! Hoping to have it next week.

So, who would be next in line? To be ready!

3. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

I apologize guys, I dropped the ball a little. Meant to get this sent out on Tuesday, but life happened and I had to take swmbo to the hospital with a terrible ear infection that spread to her throat...so I haven't had much time.

Hopefully I've put into the box enough to equal or surpass the value of what I've taken out...

Took:
    -TSD Moonlight Path Type sample
    -TSD Monkey Farts sample
    -Tipo Morbido cream sample
    -Tube of TOM mint shave cream
    -1 pack of Dorco blades
    -1 pack of Schick blades
    Then while trying to pack the box up I was unable to get it all back in, so I found a bulky item to remove...Approx. 2oz. remainder of a tub eShave White Tea AS cream

Contributed:
    -Puck of AOS Sandalwood shave soap (about 70% remaining)
    -Puck of DR Harris Arlington shave soap milled into a glass bowl (used maybe 4-5 times) - had to keep the lid to the bowl because it was too bulky to fit in the box
    -Arko shave stick (approx. 85-90% remaining)
    -Col. Conk Amber AS sample
    -Tube of Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion SPF 20 Advanced Protection (I think this used to be available in stores, sorry if it still is, but I haven't seen this stuff around for a long time so thought it may be appreciated).
    -Approx. 1.5 oz sample of SCS Perma Violet ASB

Headed to the PO right now to send it out to David.

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Best wishes to the her, hope her recuperation is quick.

5. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Thanks for the well wishes Bill!

On the way out the door I thought what the hey and grabbed a couple packs of blades (I think Derby and Merkur) to throw in the box. Unfortunately...I got to the PO about 10 minutes until closing and they had the doors locked. So I went to the grocery store to send it out from their tiny PO, but the lady was unable to send it out because it has liquid in it so it requires a special process she apparently doesn't have access.

So I guess the package will be going with me to work tomorrow so I can go straight to the PO after work.

6. Wolfman,

Hope all is better. I know how it is with postal office, just like today it was closed on my side. That is some great stuff you put in. Finally so close to me! Yay!

Thanks again,

David

7. KiltedShaver

KiltedShaver Member

Wolfmanxii I certainly hope your SWMBO is feeling better.

8. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Thanks Aaron (if you are who I think you are from another forum)!

So...got the box mailed out today and boy was that an adventure. Showed up with the box labeled, taped, and everything and patiently waited in line. Was asked if it had liquid and of course I said yes, it is marked on the box that it contains liquid (damn my honesty). Lady replies, "Well we can't send this out in a priority box, you'll have to ship it ground and you have to buy a different box for that or go home and pack it in another box."..."Well, what about the last time we did this and you guys mailed it out in a priority box with Liquid written really big on it and anti-air stickers on it and charged me a different rate?" "We can't do that...to ship this ground it will be approx. $14 and you will have to pay for the box and the tape for it. So, what would you like to do?" "Well, it has to go out today, I came by yesterday and you guys were closed early, so I guess I'll have to buy the box and tape." She hands me the box and tape so I go over and proceed to re-package the entire contents of the box into this other box, tape it all up, and try to get back in line. I wait in line and once it is my turn I get a different clerk, I set the box down and ask for a label so I can ship it since there were none in the packaging area. I get, "We don't issue labels for ground boxes unless you wish to purchase one, otherwise you can write the address on the box." "Alright, do you have a marker I can use to do that?" "There are pens attached to the tables provided for packaging, please use one of those." So, I have to get back out of line again now just to go write the address on the box and then wait again. 30 minutes and $20 into my PO adventure I finally was able to ship the package out and go home. I need a beer.:mad:

9. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

been there done that; my condolences :) cheers!

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have had similar experiences to this. Drive two miles south into a different zip code and the difference is night and day. So I feel for you Bro.

Have a few shots o' whisky with that beer and you will feel right as rain.

11. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Had a few beers and a good cigar with the neighbor out in the man cave...all is well again. :cool:

12. KiltedShaver

KiltedShaver Member

One and the same!!:D:happy005

What an awful adventure with the post office! that's crazy! Glad you were able to chill with a buddy and some beers!

13. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Haha, I thought so! Yup and I got to have a great cigar...Drew Estate's Natural Irish Hops, the ash stayed on all the way down to the nub. Drew Estate never disappoints me....and I'm now done hijacking the thread...sorry guys :happy102

14. Hi all,

I wanted to let you guys know that I have the package. Will be checking it and ship out Friday. This time looks like more stuff is inside. Yay! For that. Pictures will be uploaded as well later on.

Thanks guys,

David

15. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Glad to hear you got it so quickly! I hope my additions will serve you well. Take a whiff of that perma violet; my SWMBO doesn't like the smell of any shaving stuff, but loves that.

16. I will take a look at it. Wife loves some scents. I will double check the address again to where I need to send. I think I misplaced. Can the next person send again?

Will be on priority shipping this time,
    David

17. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I've been AWOL for quite a while. Sorry, folks.

Are there any updates on the box?

18. Burning,

I have the box, I have no information of the next person. Still waiting for next persons info. Please let me know who is next and if I can get their info.

By the way, this will be my last time doing this PIF. So I will load it with lots of stuff that I have. Reason for leaving is personal and if you need more info contact me.

Thanks for everything,

David

19. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Who is next?

20. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The current distribution ended with David:

1. MsBlackwolf
    2. Slartibartfast
    3. KiltedShaver
    4. dougr