Grab bag

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jbcohen, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I wouldn't mind participating...but I have a few issues with it.

I'm sure the box is huge and has all sorts of stuff. Which means it will cost a lot to ship it.

I, personally, would love to take a few things from the box as I'm new to wet shaving but don't have a lot to contribute back, since I'm new to wet shaving :). See the problem?

I might as well go and buy the stuff on my own since it would probably be cheaper for me to do that then spend $10-15 on shipping....

So I don't know how to get around that. I would love to participate I just don't have oodles and oodles of stuff to give away like some of you that have been doing this for years. Some of you have 10 brushes, 20 razors, and probably just as many types of blades and creams, and giving up a few items won't hurt your stash whatsoever. I have 1 razor, 1 brush, 2 creams, and a few blades from a sample pack I bought. But I don't want to be 'penalized' for taking more than I can contribute back....

Thoughts?

Just tell me I can't participate lol :whacky025

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

You are over-thinking it Bro. Go back and look through the last several pages, you do not have to read the whole thread and you will see that the box has been thinned before. In fact, I had to yank what amounted to two full shave kits out of the box and PIF them in a separate thread. No one is going to penalize you for how much or little you put in the box. In the very beginning there were some concerns about cost / benefit ratio as it pertained to the contents, but I do not think it is an issue anymore.

If you want to participate, send Dom a PM.

3. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Well in that case...I'm in if it's still going around....and I will thin it out if needed :)

I guess I would be next, too! :happy093 I PMed darkness...I will wait for further instructions I suppose

4. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

You can take me off the list. I don't have anything to pass along this time.

5. KiltedShaver

KiltedShaver Member

PM'd Burning Darkness

Really enjoyed getting to participate this time. Definitely have stuff I would like to contribute for next time should the box go round again, which I certainly hope it does.

6. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I think it's going into at least it's third year! I've had the box three times so I'm just taking a break on the aquisitions side of things.

7. Still suffering from medication and still in pain. Tomorrow is stitch removal. Guys, let me know if you can send me an email better to find out who is the next person. I am on phone updates and cant access the site frequently. Currently under medication and is very hard to focus what i am typing.... Let me know any updates on who is next.

David

8. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Thanks for the update, David. Best of luck with your recovery.

I will be starting up the box this round. I intend to clean it up and put together a few PIFs. I have yet to put together a final list of participants for the next round.

If you are interested in getting in on the next round and haven't already sent me a PM indicating your interest, (whether you've participated before or not) please send me one to let me know.

Thanks,
    Dom

9. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Whoa...been a while since I've checked in on this thread. What happened David? Did you tick your wife off? :p

Either way hope your recovery goes well!

10. stingraysrock

:sihns011

11. Wolman,

I had a inside nose operation and still recovering. Now at 90% healthy. Still taking pain killers. One thing I could say is that I can now breathe beather. Smell sense increased to 5 times stronger. WOW!.

I will be sending the box to Burning Darkness. I will let him figure this one out ;).

Box will be shipped hopefully tomorrow. I will put it on a medium size box. Enjoy the goodies. I am sure going to! :).

Thank you for the razor sting, I got it and looks great ! ;).

David

12. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Well David, hope you feel better and by all means stay away from the pepper otherwise it could get real ugly and painful. I cracked a couple of ribs in a horse riding accident and sneezing was the worst thing that could happen and laughing was no fun either.

13. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Ohhh, you must have the same problems I have. Is that the one where they have to scrape the insides of your sinuses and stuff like that? I've been told I need that, but am reluctant to get it done.

14. Doug,

Wow! That must have been really painful. I image though! I am sneezing through my mouth... weird but it helps.

Wolfman,

Yes and more... When I was young I had an accident and I guess there was carlidge buildup, so it was removed. Plus they reduced the tribunites * so I can breath better. I used to always sound stuffed. Like I always had a cold, but it was because of this problem. Now, I can hear my self better and deeper... JAJA. You should try it. It might work for you.

Sorry for Hijack of thread.

David

15. stingraysrock

So how about that box....

16. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

I got yer box right here pal!

but yeah I'd like to get in on it if it's still going around out there

17. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I have emailed burningdarkness a few times and haven't heard back...it's been at least 2 weeks since I emailed last.

18. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

19. stingraysrock

Yeah I dunno where we are at either.

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm sure Dom will get back to y'all when he can. He was replying to this thread the other day. Must have fallen asleep mid-post or something.

Cut him some slack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.