Greetings from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by MrDaniel's, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

EC5C8DB1-6287-4E9A-8EC6-E2545113DBE7.png Welcome from New Mexico!!

brit and MrDaniel's like this.
  2. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thank you!

brit likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Pressure. You have to mash those carts against the skin to get the blades to touch beard. That can cut the hair off below the surface of the skin. Perfect to create ingrown hairs. As you transition into DE and other types you'll learn to have a light touch - no pressure. Like using the razor to gently wipe away the lather. Electrics are whole nother matter. They don't so much cut the beard as frazzle the end of the hair.

That Big Bruce brush - I've not tried one yet. It's a synthetic bristle? Last few years the synths have improved from not much better than fishing line to purpose engineered fibers. You might not need to buy another brush for decades. Hang around a little while and you might want to...

MrDaniel's, BamaT and brit like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

tervetuloa!

(If that's wrong, please blame google. I have no knowledge of Finnish.)

6. richgem

Geez, Jeff. :rolleyes:

:p

edit: @MrDaniel's , Jeff/ @Yehuda D is our resident polyglot. (A fact that I note with some degree of jealousy and a lot of awe.)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    brit, Yehuda D and MrDaniel's like this.
  7. MrDaniel's

I didn't like the pivoting ones at all, i have a mole on my face and it's much easier to shave around or even carefully over it with non-pivoting disposable, like the single bladed bic sensitive.

Plissoft-type synthetic, very soft on the face. I might still have somewhere an older version of the body shop brush, the difference between the two is like night and day. I kind of want to buy another brush already, but i'm on a tight budget so it'll have to wait..

brit likes this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @MrDaniel's

I hope you enjoy it here. You won't regret going full "traditional" shaving, no matter which method you choose DE,SE, Injector, Straight or a Vintage type like a Rolls Razor or a Valet Auto Strop. My son loves Finland and Finnish history. He claims the Finns are some of the bravest and most bad ass warriors in history.:happy088: He wants to go there one day.

9. MrDaniel's

Google did a good job.
    Kiitos! (which means thank you)

brit and richgem like this.
  10. MrDaniel's

Thanks!
    I'm sure i will, people over here seem to be very nice. DE seems the way to go, atleast for now, lol.
    Finland has quite interesting history for sure. Don't know about the braveness these days, i'll leave that for someone else to judge. :scared003:

178-bplatoon and brit like this.
  11. MrDaniel's

Cool!
    I can only speak Finnish and English. I understand a bit of Swedish as well, but not much really.

brit, Yehuda D and richgem like this.
  12. richgem

Your English is very good! It's not an easy language for non-natives (and many natives sometimes).

13. MrDaniel's

Thanks! I don't find it to be too hard, of course i'll make a mistake every now and then, but i'm only human.

brit and Yehuda D like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Daniel, welcome to The Shave Den!

15. richgem

you're welcome

16. MrDaniel's

Thank you!

brit and wristwatchb like this.
  17. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh come, come, you’re pretty good with languages also!

I wanted to say that Finnish is distantly related to Hungarian which is a language I speak quite fluently. I learned it in Israel because my neighborhood had a lot of Hungarian Jewish people who moved to Israel after WW2. Finnish is even more closely related to Estonian - that language is also distantly related to Hungarian but although I can recognize it when I hear it spoken I don’t understand a word of it.

18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I’m not a native English speaker either - my first language is Hebrew and yes, I do speak many other languages with native fluency. My English has improved a lot in recent years but I actually feel much more comfortable in my other languages, especially French, German, Arabic, and Russian.

brit, MrDaniel's and wristwatchb like this.
  19. richgem

You've got me beaten by several miles, but thank you.

interesting info too.

brit likes this.
  20. MrDaniel's

That's really impressive.

brit and Yehuda D like this.