Greetings from Louisiana

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Flintstone65, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Flintstone65

Flintstone65 Well-Known Member

Hello all -- I am a mostly vintage SE (GEM-style & Injectors) & DE shaver. I have several friends here, and have lurked a time or two, so I thought I'd make it official.

Cheers,
    Fred

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Flintstone65 likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD Fred @Flintstone65 from Lake Charles. Glad you de-lurked and joined the conversation. Lots of vintage razor enthusiasts around so if you have questions, just ask.

I'm glad you like the Gem types. That means when I'm shopping the dusty corners of thrift & antiques stores for DE razors we aren't directly competing! Do you have any favorites for SE's?

I'll still pick up the odd Schick but you just don't see many around. The only one I'm really looking for is a type F. It's a short run of manufacturer right at WWII and I like the looks of that aluminum handle.

You didn't mention soaps, brushes, or post shave products. Care to share about your current favorites?

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD from Lacombe, LA. Nice to have you here. This is a really great place to be.

5. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Welcome good friend!! I can’t find a Micromatic Monday or GEMonday thread. Should we start one??

6. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome Fred..

Flintstone65 and Hembree like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome Fred from Alabama the Heart of Dixie!

brit and Flintstone65 like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

Flintstone65 likes this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Welcome Fred, thanks for crossing the street!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Flintstone65 and RyX like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I think Fuzzy @wchnu would approve. ;)
    Oh, a TOST member? You're in good company here. Well, sometimes we splash water on our soaps before we load brushes, but I hardly ever see anyone flipping their blades over.

Flintstone65 likes this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I think he'll fit in just fine over in the injector and SE party thread. It is all Gem all the time if you want there.

RyX, Flintstone65 and Linuxguile like this.
  12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Hello and welcome from Southeastern Pennsylvania!

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, Fred @Flintstone65 . It's about time you crossed the street. Share the love.
    hightheir2.gif

RyX and Flintstone65 like this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yabba Dabba Doo, and welcome, from Texas.

15. Flintstone65

I too am looking for a Type F, so if you see 2, please pick one up for me as well :). I'm pretty well set with Gems -- I wouldn't say no to an 1909 Ever-Ready or an ER Streamline....and I REALLY like Lather Catchers!!! As for brushes, I'm a synth-only guy, and I wouldn't/couldn't be a member of a certain SE Forum if I wasn't a Williams-guy. I've branched out a bit, but I'm pretty cheap....um, I mean "thrifty". As for other soap favorites, I'm a fan of Tabac, Cella, LEA and Palmolive creams, La Toja stick...you probably get the picture. Thanks!!!

dmshaver, RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  16. Flintstone65

So good to see you!!!! A mutual friend let me know you wandered over here, and of course I had to follow. As to your question, the answer is absolutely!!! I'm brandy-new around here, so I'll follow your lead!!! :eatdrink047:

RyX, Chuck Naill and Linuxguile like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yo "Flinty", and welcome...Have you checked in at yhe Injector and SE Party thread...

Please make the scene...and tell the Party Bar-tender, I said to give you TWO Shots of Menthol and put them on my tab!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. Flintstone65

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I'm very happy to see so many familiar faces, and friends from "across the street". I'm also looking forward to getting to know all of you "new-to-me" folks.

Thanks again,
    Fred

Paul Turner, wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

Flintstone65 likes this.
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If you are of a certain age demographic and splash water on your soap does that make you a baby bloomer?

jgreenepa and RyX like this.