Group Buy: Olivewood Shaving Brush Handles

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by FlightMedic, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I will wait to see if the holes diameter is indeed 25 mm, but I am most likely going with a TGN Finest 24mm Fan.

2. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I am leaning towards going synthetic on this one as I don't have a synthetic in my inventory. I just got a high mountain Badger from WD

Does anybody have a recommendation for a synthetic knot? TGN? WD? Someone else?

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Kevin has a thread where he installed a TGN synthetic in an olive wood handle. I am going the same route with this one.

4. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

I am going with a High Mountain Badger from WD as well!!

5. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I bought two and I don't have a synthetic so I think I will build one synthetic and one Silvertip.

6. FlightMedic

Our brushes are scheduled to ship out tomorrow (barring any unseen delays) and are estimated to arrive between May 5 and May 18. I know that's a big window so I will keep updating this thread as promised with any new information.

wristwatchb and trey06dmd like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Will you be hand engraving/etching them with "TSD LE 2015 1/XX" on the bottom? :D

These may become collectors items :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. FlightMedic

Just in case I missed someone in the private messaging!

The wait is almost over! I received the handles this evening and although I haven't opened them up all the way I did count 15 individually bubble wrapped handles with "Certified Holy Land Olivewood" stickers on them. My plan is to ship them out still in the bubble wrap for added protection.

The only bad news is that our post office closed an hour ago and since I work 24 hour shifts Saturday and Monday it will be at least Tuesday before they leave Oklahoma and find their way to your dens.

I should have everyone's addresses but if you want it shipped somewhere else please let me know ASAP.

-Will

9. FlightMedic

That will double the price but for you I will gladly engrave one with my kitchen knife for the low price of $31.98!

wristwatchb, BigMark and Darkbulb like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sooooo tempting but unless it's stainless steel OR made in some obscure factory that has been shut down for a hundred years I'm out! :)

Btw, even though I'm not participating in this let me still say 'thanks' for organizing all this for the guys that wanted in on it. Great job!

11. FlightMedic

All brush handles are in the mail and should be arriving on Friday. Enjoy them and please post pictures of whatever you do with them here in the original thread.

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I'm also afraid to post this as I'm sure I will be called a liar in a few days, but I'll try.:happy102:
    sabbatical.jpg

13. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

:shocked002:

Hey guys I just creeated a thread for us to post our work as we progress with the beautiful handles.

wristwatchb likes this.