Guess I am trying Barrister and Mann soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Drygulch, Mar 5, 2015.

1. wayne potvin

wayne potvin New Member

Would you recommend Roam?

2. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Roam is really polarizing, people seem to either love it or hate it. I'd suggest getting a sample of it if you can before committing to a whole tub, or just being prepared to sell it used for a couple bucks loss if you don't like it.

3. wayne potvin

wayne potvin New Member

Thank You Chuck, I believe I will try it.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

B & M is way over rated IMO

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Real nice!

6. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

To each his own, I guess. It's a top performer even in my hard water and I really love several of his scents.

theFAT98 likes this.
  7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I agree. But i also feel the same way about caties bubbles. Both are good soaps and perform well but neither are top soaps.

But that's the great thing about this hobby. Everybody likes different stuff.

Tdmsu likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Everyone is a bit different in terms of what they look for in a soap. I bought 3 B&M soaps, Latha, Seville, and Lavanille to try out. All 3 have exceeded my expectations in terms of performance and face feel. I love the scent of Seville and will certainly purchase it again. I will say that with the exception of Latha is did take me a little time to dial in the water ratio.

Tdmsu and Chuck F like this.
  9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I would try a Roam sample as advised above. Or, if you get a tub, it would be very easy to trade. I would also say to not give up on a scent too soon. I feel like I gave up on Roam too quickly, and I will likely buy it again someday to give it a fair chance.

Chuck F likes this.
  10. TargetNailer

TargetNailer New Member

Roam smells a lot like green prairie grass with some mud. I got a sample and will be buying a tub next week. I really like it. Makes me want to go out and do some yard work or get things done. Seville is my favorite. It's just a nice clean fresh scent. I have a couple others as well. Compared to the other soaps I have I love B&M the best. I'm also feeling partial to soaps with tallow. Maybe it's in my mind but they seem to provide more protection.

Tdmsu, clint64 and Chuck F like this.