Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by sparky5693, Feb 12, 2007.

1. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm New Member

OMG, this sounds WONDERFUL!!!

2. fuerein

fuerein New Member

If you're curious, this is the actual recipe. I'll write it as I found it on the web awhile back and add my comments in parathesis.

Ingredients:
    1 clove garlic
    1 small tub sour cream
    250g feta cheese
    300g sliced bacon
    1/2 cup grated tasty cheese (so the author never addressed the actual type, I like a nice sharp white cheddar)
    1/4 cup milk
    12 sliced mushrooms (basic white mushrooms work but the garlic marinated in a jar from the grocery add a wonderful sweet flavor to the dish in my opinion, I also increase from 12 because I like the mushrooms alot)
    1tbsp corn flour
    fettuccini for 4

Spray pan with cooking spray. Slice garlic and saute in pan. Add bacon and mushrooms, fry until cooked. Set aside.

Add milk to a clean pan and stir in corn flour until paste is formed. Add feta and cheese. Simmer on low and stir until creamy. Remove from heat. Add bacon and mushrooms. Allow to cool 1 minute. Stir in sour cream.

Serve sauce on cooked fettuccini.

3. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm New Member

Thanks Adam!!

I love creamy, cheesy sauces, this one loaded with mushroom, bacon & garlic ! :love029

4. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Heart Attack on a Plate. Sure sound good. I printed that one off to go along with my shrimp over lingunie, Atomic Buffalo Turds, and beanless chili (my wife can't eat beans because of her kidneys).
    My guilty pleasure is an occasional fine cigar and Macallans 18.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I think I'll just keep my guilty pleasure to myself. :p

6. fuerein

fuerein New Member

That's why I don't make it often, the combination of that much cheese, sour cream, and bacon I know has to provide a massive number of calories. But oh boy, the few occasions when I do make it I love it. :drool

7. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :signs113

8. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

Biscuits and sausage gravy.

That= a bypass on a plate!

9. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

ATBs are Jalapeno peppers stuffed with meat and cheese with a wrap of bacon and grilled. Very good.

10. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

I just remembered another guilty pleasure: Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Minis. Oh man, once that bag is open kiss them all goodbye within 30 min. That's one candy I cannot stop eating.

11. fuerein

fuerein New Member

Oh yea, those are bad. Some girls I was friends with in college got on a peanut butter kick one year and somehow, I think I ended up trying some stuff they said was really good, they dragged me into it and since then pretty much anything with PB I'll eat and love. Darn girls! :p

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

My guilty pleasure: I watch The O.C. :o