Happy Birthday Sara-s

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Primotenore, May 20, 2019.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It’s never too late to start.

AGHisBBS, Shaver X and brit like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

:)

AGHisBBS, Sara-s and brit like this.
  3. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Happy Bday.

Sara-s and brit like this.
  4. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Total focus does that. Sailing resulted in some of my most zen moments. Playing a simple game of catch with my sons, too.

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's 29 ;)

A belated Happy Birthday, Sara!

brit likes this.
  6. Shaver X

There you go, @Paul Turner! The next time your sister's birthday rolls around, why not give her archery lessons for a birthday present?

AGHisBBS, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'll tell you why not....I wouldn't be a good teacher. I would be all right as one who INSPIRES, but that's it. Actually the surrounding area where they are moving to has a lot of open space for....say.....doing archery.

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  8. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Sara!

Sara-s likes this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002::greet002:

brit likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You could take her to a club or shop & treat her to a lesson from a certified instructor.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Y'know, I got to thinking....that must have been what @Shaver X was talkinabout. We'll see. She rarely sees her husband due to his odd working hours, thus she tries to take advantage of her free time to do just that. I'll ask her what she thinks. Maybe they BOTH would want to try it.

Shaver X, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  12. Shaver X

Yes, that is what I meant. Many archery retailers also offer lessons. A good way to find these is to open Google Maps for the desired area, and then search on "archery". You will get a list of archery retailers, clubs, ranges, etc.

Community colleges sometimes offer archery classes, with equipment provided, generally at very affordable tuition. That is how I learned - basic, intermediate and advanced courses. Man, was that ever fun! That also meant having access to the archery range when nobody else is using it, and extra practice is both fun and beneficial.

Sara-s likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Good info, thanks. But as I say, first I need to see if this is something she'd like to do as a hobby, or in her spare time.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood