Harry's Razors - Great Price, Poor Shave.

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Charlton Heston, Nov 3, 2016.

1. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

My particular skin and beard combo does best with Van der Hagan Deluxe, a good synthetic brush and the Dorco Pace 4, Pace 3 and Mach 3 also work well for me.

2. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

3 blade is the max for me. I get good shaves from the Mach 3, Barbasol Ultra 3 and any of the 3 blade Bics.
    Any more blades than 3 and I find it difficult to get a close shave.

3. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I got the Harry's today. The trimmer blade looks like it would be an issue; the cart is thin, very flexible (there is no hinge, just a very flexible cart) and the exposed trimmer blade is right at the top end and not angled very much, the way I shave I would very likely cut the bottom of my nose with this arrangement. I don't think I'll be trying this one anytime soon.

4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

When I used Harry's, I used the trimmer blade for shaving my neckline and its actually not bad.

5. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

No doubt it has its uses but not under my nose. I compared it to the Pace 6 plus, only cart with a trimmer in my stuff, and there is quite a difference in the location and angle of that blade. The Pace 6 plus is a thicker cart so there is more real estate on which to place the blade, it's more to the rear and it's angled more to the rear so it's less likely to catch the nose. Anyway, I tossed it into my "junk" drawer, maybe some day I'll fish it out and try it, no big deal for $3.00.

6. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

After stupidly leaving my vintage Wusthof wet and getting rust on it (especially in the handle of the blade where it folds into the sheath), I applied 'baby' mineral oil and so far no new rust has formed on it. I will definitely have to have it restored if at all possible, but at least the mineral oil has prevented new rust from forming. Why use WD-40 when mineral oil does the same job?