Hate threads

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Hmmm, I'm going to let that one go, as I have been one of the main culprits in hijacking this thread, and it would look foolish for me to start getting upset now. But as an aside: as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka the Mormons), I do take offense, but will say no more, except to point out that the Krakauer book tells the story of two men who had been excommunicated from the Mormon church, and committed their crimes after that excommunication. Rather absurd to link it to Mormons when one of the motivations behind the murders they committed was what got them excommunicated from the church.

2. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

:(

3. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I'm guessing/hoping not.

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

No sense in getting all serious now, bro. The original intent of this thread has been trounced upon and discarded by some of you. Now that it has spun into something as personal as religion, you can't really expect us to take anything you say in this thread seriously, can you?

Sorry you take offense at someone making fun of your religion and/or its founding member(s). But now you can kind of see where we're coming from with all these warnings and Mod duties... when we really would all rather be fishing or shaving or something.

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I draw my line at religion.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Well it seems a serious topic on TSD has turned from light hearted banter, to thread derailment, to poking fun at religion.

Sorry Bobby but I am closing this thread. I hope everyone reads the OP.

7. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    You just got to it before I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.