Have You Finished Anything Lately ?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Hodge, Oct 17, 2015.

?

If you did, would you buy it again?

1. Yes

73.3%
  2. No

26.7%
  3. Only if I found it in the discount bin @ 70% off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Having just finished off a jar of Prorasos crema de barba preshave cream and realizing it it was only the third or fourth product Ive ever finished off, I was curious to hear your thoughts on either replacing the product or wishing it good riddance? In my case I will be looking to replace both the preshave cream and the Schick injector blades shown.
    [​IMG]

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

One or two more shave on a puck of B&M Latha and I will not be purchasing again. The scent really did not appeal to me.

Kizurra likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I haven't finished anything in a long time, but I am getting down to the end of my Col. Conk Bay Rum and my Taylors of Old Bond Street Lavender. It may take a while because I am rotating through 20 soaps and creams. I am thinking when January gets here, I will take the soaps and creams that are lowest and just use one until it is gone and move on to the next.

When I read the title, I thought, "Yeah, I just finished my #25 wild cherry WD synthetic brush."
    Jayaruh#25_10.JPG

4. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Have not completed any full size products yet, but I did finish my sample puck of Stirling Soap Margaritas in the Arctic. I DEFINITELY plan to buy a full size later this week!

Kizurra likes this.
  5. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

Tobs jerym st and yes I'll be buying again, still have half a bottle of the aftershave.:D

6. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Last things I finished was a third puck of Williams 4 years ago and a pack of Schick injector blades. I have 3 more pucks of Williams and ordered a new pack of blades while I still had 4 left.

Kizurra likes this.
  7. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

I havent finished much, about to finish nivea post balm aftershave sensitive skin....i will replace it with that or the original just to see what its like

Kizurra likes this.
  8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I finished a bottle of iced L&M Florida Water.
    it had the last of my menthol crystals in it.
    I'm nearing the end of my aqua velva ice blue.
    I've usually got two or three Florida water bottles around. love the stuff,
    menthol crystals, yes I'll be replacing them.
    and yes aqua velva ice blue is a must have.

Kizurra likes this.
  9. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Recently finished my second tub on ToB Eton, a ToB Mr Taylor's, very close on a tub of T&H Grafton and B&M Seville. I have already replenished all but the ToB Mr. Taylor's.

Kizurra likes this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I just polished off a tub of TSD Iced Signature Scent soap. I really liked the performance, was of lather and slickness. Didn't like the bay rum scent. Definitely will get another TSD soap.

Carbide Mike and Kizurra like this.
  11. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Last month I finished off 4 samples.

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am back to resurrect your thread, @Hodge . I have been at this wet shaving thing since 2011 and I have only completed two products. Musco Real was my first nice SC, and I finished it in the first year, but I have not replaced it. I have been adding other new creams/soaps (up to 20 now). I have also completed a VDH Deluxe which I have replaced. I am still working on others. I traded my Proraso Sandalwood after using about 1/4 of it: haven't replaced. My Shave Gear Sabbatical has helped to slow things down this year. I have been rotating through all 20 of my soaps/creams, so it would take years to finish them all off. I am beginning to see the bottom of a couple, but it will still be months before I finish one. The NoVember No Variation has me working on Tabac, and I am loving that. Maybe in December I will pick one to work on finishing. We shall see.

13. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I actually finished off a large Ogallala Bay Rum bottle. It only took about 18 months. No worries, I have 2 small and 1 more large bottle in reserve. I hope to finish the small bottle of Limes and Peppercorns this month as well.

14. Kizurra

Tsd almond sample. Now I'm on tsd winter pagoda with iced a/s.
    7 more tsd samples with a/s after this one,suppose that should qualify as 30 day focus. Should be 2-3 months to work through all of them even with four pass shaves every night and lather left over.
    I like this soap, very protective, great cushion and slick with soap on. Was drawn to this line cause I like full sets. Soap, a/s plus calogne to reminnisce throughout the day.

Carbide Mike and Hodge like this.
  15. Kizurra

Love the seville! Their vetiver santal is awesome too, nice strong scent.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  16. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

3 tubes of C.O. Bigelow, and today I finished a sample of Barrister and Mann Lavanille. I am very, very sad.

Carbide Mike, Hodge and Kizurra like this.
  17. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'm about to finish off a bottle of Nivia sensitive post shave balm. I'm trying not to get more of anything until I can try what's in the box tour box. I might find something I like way better once I have the opportunity to try more. I'll amazon wish list anything I find nice in the box for after I can find a new job.

Carbide Mike, Hodge and Kizurra like this.
  18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I have not finished any soaps, after shaves, or balms - but I did finish a bottle of scotch.:)

Carbide Mike, RetLEO-07 and Hodge like this.
  19. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I think that should count double Col.
    I've got about two shots left in a bottle of Appleton Estates VX rum. Should be gone by Sunday night.:eatdrink013:

Carbide Mike and Col C like this.
  20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Only problem was that I finished the bottle of scotch watching my Seahawks lose.

Carbide Mike likes this.