Heat+shave cream=nasty goop

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Morman Bridge, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

A few days ago here in the mid-west, we had numerous days where the summer heat reached triple digits. Leading up to those days, the temperatures were high 90's. Long story short, my air conditioning failed the first day of the triple digit temps. It was far too hot to stay here in my mobile home, so I had to abandon ship for a few days, until the parts for the compressor came in. I had just spent a ton of money on fixing this unit last year, so it was a complete surprise when it failed, and we were unprepared for the ensuing nightmare. Temperatures inside the trailer were estimated at around 140 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit for three days. I'm surprised the oxygen bottles that were still here didn't explode. Once the air conditioning was fixed, we returned home. Most of my medicines were melted. Bread and various food items left out of the fridge were ruined. But worst of all, most of my shaving creams were ruined. Many of which were never opened. My brand new bottle of Safari cologne, ruined, as well as most of the open bottles of aftershaves. I still tried to use them for my SOTD photos, but unfortunately, they are mostly ruined. The caps on some of the creams even popped off. You could pour the stuff out of the tubes like milk. I'm kind of bummed about it. But such is life. At least I survived, and my spouse survived. That's what is important. Moral of this story? If the shoe fits, wear it!!!

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Sorry to hear that Alan! Maybe some of the creams can be saved if you freeze / refrigerate it.

RaZorBurn123 and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Morman Bridge

Thanks Jorge. I don't think they would have been salvageable. The temps in the house were well over 100 for three days. Most of them are gone already anyway.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

I left a tub of Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream in my car in the hot sun for an entire day. When I opened it, my formerly white shaving cream looked like clear hair gel..

I put it in my cool cabinet and within a few hours the white color returned and it was perfectly usable. YMMV I guess.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Heat in excessive of 100 degrees is used in making shave cream. :)

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Glad you and your wife had a place to go Alan.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Morman Bridge

Thank You Joseph. We stayed at her daughters house for a few days. She made every effort to make us comfortable. It made the whole experience a bit less difficult.

RaZorBurn123 and Primotenore like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

So sorry to hear, things can be replaced.