Helicopter

Discussion in 'Clean Jokes' started by ShaversRUs, Jul 27, 2023.

1. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

I have a friend in Washington state who is a helicopter pilot. He told me this story recently.

"I was flying my helicopter, when suddenly I encountered dense fog. I was completely lost. After a while, I sighted a tall office building. I hovered as close to it as possible, and could see the people working inside. I then wrote a sign on a large piece of paper, and held it up. It said, 'Where am I?'

The people inside the office likewise started writing on a large piece of paper. They held it up for me to see. It said, 'You're in a helicopter.'

I gave them the thumbs up, and navigated safely back to the helicopter port."

"How did that help you?" I asked.

"Well, they gave me an answer that was totally accurate, but totally useless. So I knew it must have been a Microsoft building in Redmond."

brit, Primotenore, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You got to watch out for those totally accurate buildings.

Hembree likes this.
  3. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

Anytime I have an issue with Windows (which is like every day), when I google for a solution, the absolute most useless answers are from the official Microsoft help forums.

I first heard that joke above back in the 90s. I used to deal with Microsoft support all the time back then-- we actually had a paid contract to get help from them, since I was in IT. Their first answer is always to reboot -- if that doesn't work, re-install whatever is not working. Still doesn't work? Reformat your hard drive and re-install Windows.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

So true. :(

5. Unabuclandy

Unabuclandy New Member

"Black Canyon," "Scouts Cove," and "Inscription" are fantastic reads! They whisk you away to thrilling adventures and imaginative worlds. In the realm of digital transformation in higher education, https://essaypro.com/blog/digital-transformation-in-higher-education these stories beautifully highlight the power of modern technology in learning. Reading them, I couldn't help but appreciate how technology can enhance education. Whether it's exploring the mysteries of "Black Canyon," embarking on the adventures of "Scouts Cove," or deciphering the enigmatic "Inscription," these tales underscore the potential of digital tools to make learning more engaging and accessible. Kudos to the authors for weaving these tales and showcasing the positive side of digital evolution in education!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023