Hello from Dubai

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Nader107, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Nader107

Nader107 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to wet shaving. I started in May 2020 during the COVID-19 lockdown. It was actually a rediscovery as I started shaving with DE safety razors while I was a teenager back in the 90's & then quickly shifted to cartridge razors.

I am loving the experience & I started my own collection, which include by now more than 170 razors. I am a daily shaver & I use a new blade after 3 shaves, after which I move to a new razor in my collection. I reckon I will need 1-2 years to finish my rotation & I am continuously adding to my collection.

I am loving the experience so far, my learning curve definitely improved. I have a sensitive skin with ingrown hair problems. I started with few nicks & by now I am able to achieve a near DFS shave in 2+ passes (1st pass WTG, 2nd pass XTG & 3rd pass is a retouch XTG opp. direction for trouble areas).

I am enjoying the feedback of fellow wet shavers & I've learned a lot from reading the comments & reviews from fellow members.

Best wishes to all

2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Welcome from West Tennessee

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Nader107 likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nader107 likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

Nader107 likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..

Nader107 likes this.
  6. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Washington state

Nader107 likes this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! It sounds like you're off to a great start. What's your favorite set up so far?

Nader107 likes this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

Nader107 likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

Nader107 likes this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

Nader107 likes this.
  11. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Welcome to the show!

Nader107 likes this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Welcome from Michigan!

Nader107 likes this.
  13. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Welcome from Central Illinois.

Nader107 likes this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Only 170 razors? Sounds like you might have a collecting problem, not that there is anything wrong with that :D. 170 razors would be on the low end of some people's collections on this forum though they might never admit to it.

Anyways welcome aboard. If you have any questions about a particular razor you already own or ones you are interested in ask away.

Nader107 likes this.
  15. Nader107

Nader107 New Member

I do have a collecting problem. I did it once & bought large collection of board games, historical & modern. I admit I overdid it with safety razors - again. My wife would probably kill me for it .

I started with few typical razors representig different concepts: SB, OC, Slants, Double OC & then quickly went over a spending spree to buy high end models & later the more common models. Mostly new, but some items were used but in excellent condition (e.g. out of production items offered on eBay, Etsy). I managed to buy LASSC BBS-1, RAW RS10, Wolfman WR1/WR2, Karve, Apollo, Carbon, CG, Blackland, ATT, H&S, Tatara, Seygus... Unfortunately, so far, I wasn't able to pick any of the Paradigm models.

Goodfella OC Razor is one popular OC model that I couldn't find. It is an interesting design from a New Zealand company that is no longer in operation. I hope some manufacturers do offer the design in the future. Do you by any chance know whether this design is available? I mean same or similar head geometry.

I'm glad to be on this forum . Thanks for your offer to help.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I would try the buy sell and trade aka BST portion of the forum and see if anyone responds offering to sell you one or trade if you want to flip some of your razors that you may not want to keep long term. I will say some of these modern razors can also be a good investment like the limited run kickstarter campaign financed razors. The Janus adjustable for example though pricey I can see holding it's value long term if not increasing it value since it is the only razor that ever reproduced the unique Gillette Toggle adjustable design.

Me personally I collect and use vintage in the main but I do own a few modern DE razors and probably have owned over 170 razors now though not that many at any one given time. I keep the house and hobby money seperate and treat the razors like investing at the same time. That keeps most problems from ever happening except for the clutter issue when they realize just how much you've accumulated. The saying out of sight out of mind makes for happy wife, happy life.

Nader107 likes this.
  17. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

WOW! 170 razors in 3 months?! :signs081:
    Welcome to the forum!

Nader107 likes this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome, @Nader107 , from North Cackalacky.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nader107 likes this.
  19. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Welcome to TSD @Nader107 , one of, if not the....most friendly shave forums around.

That's quite a collection already. You'll fit right in :eatdrink047:

Nader107 likes this.
  20. Nader107

Nader107 New Member

Totally agree
    Thanks for the advice. I've started one thread to see if anyone has info on the Goodfella razor.

One note though concerning the Janus Adjustable Razor. It seems the designer retweaked his original prototype & ended up with a very aggressive razor. I am on the waiting list for his version 2, which he promised will be more like his original protptype.