Hello from Fall River ma

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by richdad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hello Richdad and welcome to TSD! Happy Shavings!

welcome.jpg

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. richdad

richdad Active Member

Woah. Lots of welcomes since yesterday. Thanks to all.
    Right now I own two razors which I just acquired after trying many vintage and modern. I return the ones I can if I have an instant dislike to them or give them to my sons who like DE shaving (the dad in richdad; rich is my first name). One more is on the way which should complete my unusual vintage collection and end my moderate RAD. I find I like thin headed gear for under the nose, mid aggressive feeling and easy to assemble and disassemble.
    The first razor I bought after giving away my rockwell 6s to one of my sons is the cooper monobilt. You can find out about it in the cooper razpor owner's club. The second is a Bassatis OC razor made in Germany in the 1930's which is another odd duck that I have had for 2 days and shaves wonderfully. At first I thought it would be two rough but by holding the handle closer to the head instead of the end it smoothed right out. Here is some eye candy. Any help with some information on the Bassatis would be welcome. An Apollo Three piece closed domb should be here by Saturday. I know nothing about it. imageedit_3_9013280164.jpg imageedit_5_6683849081.jpg

Attached Files:

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Welcome!

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Viva Fall River

6. richdad

richdad Active Member

Amazing! Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

7. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

welcome

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sorry for my lax hospitality, but welcome @richdad from my neck of the big woods in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD.

BTW great looking Cooper monobilt!

9. richdad

richdad Active Member

Thanks. Love the razor

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk