Hello from Georgia

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by samc, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the July Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

3. fishshocker

fishshocker New Member

Hey fellow Georgian...I just joined today, from Roswell!

4. samc

samc New Member

Welcome,
    I'm glad to be back in Georgia as of May. I was gone for nine years because of school, work, and the military.

5. fishshocker

fishshocker New Member

I've visited to many vacation locations....Caribbean, Mexico, central America, Canada, parts of Europe...but I'm always glad to be back home in GA! I lived in Alaska for a little while, that would be the only other place that I'd call home! I grew up in south ga and still have family down there, but the gnats will drive a man INSANE! I don't remember them 'bugging' me so bad in my younger years.

6. samc

samc New Member

Same here, I've been to most of the states including Alaska and Hawaii. England, Japan, Mexico, Canada, Qatar, UAE, and I'm okay living here. The funny thing is when I was a teenager I thought I hated it, and couldn't wait to get away from here. I do enjoy visiting new places though.

7. fishshocker

fishshocker New Member

I couldn't wait to get out of south ga, but somehow I always knew I'd live in (or around) atlanta. I am finding myself drawn back to rural areas more, but I'm not quite ready to move from the conveniences of big city life! Although I'm having a heck of a time finding shaving supplies! I'd probably have more luck at a small town pharmacy.

8. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

Fishshocker , Im here in dunwoody and the lack of shaving products is a problem. I always order products if i want anything for a decent price. There is an Art of shaving shop at lenox mall and one coming soon to perimeter mall. There is also Atlanta Barbers supplies downtown fairly close to Georgia state university. I have never been in the store because i rarely go downtown but i hear their in store selection is better than the online selection. Also welcome to the Den.

9. fishshocker

fishshocker New Member

how does the prices @ lenox mall shop compare to the internet? I'd much rather support a local guy, but if prices are outrageous then off to the inter-webs I go!

10. apo1022

apo1022 Active Member

11. Smott

Smott Chew your shave. Slowly.

Which is really unfortunate. Someone sent me a sample of the AOS Ocean Kelp shaving cream—which I used this morning—and it was great!

12. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome from hot Palm Springs!

13. fishshocker

fishshocker New Member

I stopped by Sally's Beauty Supply for some Bay Rum and my local store carries a few different blades and a shaving factory double edge safety razor. I wonder which other stores carry men's shaving supplies. Has anyone had any luck at goodwill/thrift type stores in the ATL area?

14. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

I find stuff at the antique stores but that's about it.

15. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den! I think you will find this a very friendly place. :)

16. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

Welcome. You'll enjoy it here. Mr g-g-grandfather had a large place in Rhome, GA before he died in 1850s. Glad you're here with us.

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Welcome to the Den, both you and Fishshocker.

18. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Hi from Lancashire, UK, Good to have you on TSD, Enjoy your stay!!!

19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Welcome from Dreischor, The Netherlands.
    Enjoy your shavings!

20. InfernoOrangeSS

InfernoOrangeSS New Member

Welcome! Like you, I am a recent convert to Wet Shaving. I read everything and anything I could on the subject. That is how I found this place. There are a lot of good helpful people here, I have found. There is also a treasure trove of info and experience shared.