Hello from Montreal

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Antz, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Welcome.

Antz likes this.
  2. Antz

Antz Active Member

@ Edison Carter

They do ship to Canada. Placed an order already
    I forgot to mention I also ordered a bluebeards revenge from another website The Modern Man .. should be getting that in a few days as well from the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Antz! I see Bill @Edison Carter has you pointed in the right direction and together y'all got the different models sorted out.
    I've used shavettes with three different types of blades. Weck uses a long blade with the Gem SE type fold over thick spine. Currently I'm enjoying a Feather Artist type Chinese clone in a Japanese kamisori style. It uses the Feather AC blades that are thick steel, but short in length and height like a Schick Injector. I've also used the 1/2 DE blade types in a minimal material straight razor style holder. The one I have does not have covered heel & toe so a dip will draw blood. There is a protective measure you can do! Have a sharpening stone for kitchen knives? You can "mute" or blunt the tips of the new blade either before installing, or after if reachable. Just a couple easy light passes on those sharp corners.

If you are looking for more coaching and/or cheerleading, join us in The 30 Day Rule Focus Group. Plenty of experienced shavette users who've been there, done that, & applied styptic.

Antz and Edison Carter like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

Antz likes this.
  5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Awesome. Wishing you well on your journey.

As Rick pointed out, do drop in on the 30DC thread. It is kinda like the watercooler hang out of The Shave Den. I learned a lot there.

Antz likes this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

We mostly all get RAD when we start. I probably have 20 straight razors that I'll never use. :) Over a thousand different DE blades. I'm trying to work through my soaps and aftershaves. Collecting is FUN!! :happy088:

Antz likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome from Ville Saint Laurent! ;)

Antz likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Welcome from Northern Alberta, Great folks & site!

Antz likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @Antz from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD.

:eatdrink013:

Antz likes this.
  10. Fiorellini

Fiorellini Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum:).

Antz likes this.
  11. Antz

Antz Active Member

I was just gifted two Gillette DE razors from my uncle . My research tells me my a Gillette Rocket uncle said he purchased it in the mid 50s and a Super 109 from 1970 I was able to date .. they need a good cleaning but parts seem to work fine
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama the Heart of Dixie!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

Douglas Carey likes this.