HELLO FROM OKLAHOMA

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by andrew murphy, Jun 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. andrew murphy

andrew murphy New Member

well i dont care about the cost dont know were u been looking but i got 4 in my hand that are pretty old 1940s and they are worth restoring but there aging i am sucker for the unpossable

2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome! Haven't quite taken that plunge yet myself, but it's coming.

3. andrew murphy

andrew murphy New Member

well i am going to restore these and make a offer on few others i cant wait to start making the scales for this i got some cedar that would look good

4. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Welcome. there’s a lot of people on here that restore straight razors. In fact there a whole sub forum on restoration of straight razors. So I understand you want to restore them, but do you use them yourself to shave with?

5. andrew murphy

andrew murphy New Member

Does it matter if I use them or not I just like collecting thing.And I dont see how that has any thing to do with me wanting to restore or to collect them

6. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome ..

7. Brickman301

No it doesn’t matter, just asking.

8. Brickman301

On second thought maybe it does matter. It doesn’t matter to this site if you use them or not, but it might matter if you are going to sell some of your restored straight razors. I would say most if not all the respected people who restore and sell straight razors, are straight razor users. If you’re going to restore them, the buyer will expect them to be shave ready as well. Without using the razor, you will not know if it shave ready or not, especially since your just starting out. I have honed razors that would tree top arm hairs, and passed the hanging hair test, but wouldn’t shave worth a darn. Honing razors, is a whole mother skill/hobby within itself.
    If your just restoring for yourself, and not going to use them, I guess it doesn’t matter if it’s shave ready or not.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

10. andrew murphy

andrew murphy New Member

wow i never said i am going to sale them for being use but if some one easlse collect them as show pices it does not matter if they use one or not and to be honest i dont think it really matter either way if i am keeping them for my self or not

11. andrew murphy

andrew murphy New Member

how you doing brit

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @andrew murphy from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD.

13. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

C45C83F6-9F94-4D54-89CB-6C11A3AFAD45.png Welcome from New Mexico!!

Enrico likes this.