Hello from Utah

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by MrEE, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I am an operations manager for a well known software company. After working through the hardest time in my career I needed something to think about so I wouldn't worry myself back into working 80-100 hours a week. It may sound strange but wet shaving was that thing for me. Something relaxing and therapeutic to think about.

Now shaving is a ritual that makes me excited to get out of bed every morning.

I started out with straight razors, but eventually purchased a DE razor for travel. Now I shave with one of 6 or 7 favorite DE razors during the week and my straight razor on Saturday morning. My current rotation is Gillette Red Tip, Gillette Fatboy, Muhle R41, Merkur 37C, Parker Variant, and a standard Flare Tip. Mostly I use Voskhod and Permasharp blades and I shave every day.

I have given vintage Gillette razors to about 10 of my friends and my 7 year old daughter has her own 4 oz lather mug, brush, and 1956 Gillette flare tip that she lathers up and pretends with.

I love shaving and I am looking for artisan soaps to complete the experience.

Hembree, AGHisBBS, Shaver X and 8 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome from canada..i love vintage gillettes as well..

Hembree and MrEE like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! I'm glad you're here with us. It looks like you're off and running with some wonderful gear. My entry into wet shaving is much like yours...maybe we'll trade war stories one day. For now, let's just chill and shave. :)

Check out the 30 Day Rule / Focus thread where we combine shaving (and how to get better at it), shenanigans, and the stuff of life. You'll also get plenty of suggestions for new artisan soaps to try. We've no shortage of expert enablers amongst us. A new thread is created each month, and the party never stops. Just jump in and hang on.

Hembree, RyX and MrEE like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @MrEE

Hembree and MrEE like this.
  5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD MrEE I hope you enjoy it here.

Nice hearing of yet another wonderful side effect of this hobby.:happy088:

RyX likes this.
  6. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

D90EACFB-3D76-4DAC-995E-1B6FD2E65416.png Welcome from New Mexico!!

Hembree likes this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

Hembree likes this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Welcome to TSD @MrEE . I've been to Orem, St. George, and Kanab in my Utah travels. Had chance to mosey around Hurricane, too. Here we learn, and have fun doing so.

RyX and MrEE like this.
  10. MrEE

I grew up in Midland. What part of Texas?

Hembree likes this.
  11. MrEE

There aren't very many reasons to visit those parts of Utah. Family, hobbies, business, or other?

Hembree, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Orem was a lady friend, St. George, Kanab, and Hurricane were all connected to a "hobby"...a week of working at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary(in Kanab). Also in connection with that were hikes at Bryce and Zion Canyons. I did like St. George and Hurricane.(Kanab too, of course, but there wasn't much time for roaming around the town, we were bused to Best Friends each day).

Hembree, AGHisBBS, MrEE and 2 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad you signed up @MrEE! Always happy to have you as another member of our online family.
    That's something that happens often among Wet Shavers. Discovering shaving doesn't have to be a chore, turning it into a pleasurable experience, and sharing the news with friends. Paying It Forward (PIF) by offering a starter set is a great way to influence someone's decision. Getting you kids involved is fun, too. My twin grand daughters often choose my soap or AS and are learning to make lather. Their mom swiped my Schick Type H before I got a chance to try it out. But that's all good if they find fun and pleasure in personal care products. I still get my moment of Zen during my shaves!

Hembree likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zwelcome1a.jpg

Hembree likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @MrEE from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD.

:eatdrink013:

Hembree likes this.
  16. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Welcome @MrEE to TSD. It’s a great group!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Hembree and Paul Turner like this.
  17. MrEE

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's nice to discuss shaving with people who understand the craziness.

Hembree, AGHisBBS, Shaver X and 2 others like this.
  18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Hello MrEE, and welcome to The Shave Den! It is good to have you here. This place is the most mellow and friendly around, and I think you will like it very much.

That does not seem strange at all. You found the zen of shaving. I had pretty much the same experience for the last 12 years, only I did not get to dial back the hours all that much. For 10 serene, enjoyable minutes, the rest of the world and all its troubles goes away each morning, giving even the longest day a great start. Glad to hear traditional shaving gave you some peace, too.

Hembree and brit like this.
  19. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

MrEE and Hembree like this.
  20. Fiorellini

Fiorellini Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

MrEE and Hembree like this.