Help me find a name for my brushes. Please?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by rodd, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Weedoneeno

But he isn't making boar or synthetic brushes. :p

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I like King of Brushes. You could abbreviate it KoB and be all modern and stuff.

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sounds like a Pub. I'm in!

4. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I think just

"Rodd"

is great!

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

How about...

Cornsilk Brushes

Hearkens to Iowa, with all that corn, sounds soft too.

The Knot and Wood

Sounds like a pub, but nice.

You have Razorgeek, what about bagdergeek?

6. Queen of Blades

How about Knotty Wood?

:happy097

Or is that too naughty?

:happy097

7. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

:rofl Joanna!
    I like "CBW = Custom Brush Works"
    Simple and to the point.

8. Queen of Blades

Sorry. :ashamed001 Been a long day. :o

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

How about "Custom Hand-Turned Wood-Handled Luxurious Badger Hair Shaving Brushes Made To Order By Rodd".

Err...too long? :rolleyes:

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Actually that actually says a lot about the company. I will go with that, but I might add to it. How about "Custom Hand-Turned Wood-Handled Luxurious Badger Hair Shaving Brushes Made To Order By Rodd in Iowa and delivered to you so you can enjoy them." Has a nice ring to it. :happy102

I did decide on a name. You can continue to call them whatever you want, but they will now be from The Knotty Badger. To keep Johan happy they are also still Rodd Customs. ;) Thanks all!

11. Queen of Blades

Cool! The Knotty Badger. :happy088

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I loved that knotty can be interpreted as the knot of hair, or the knots in wood. I thought it was clever.

13. Queen of Blades

Gee, I tend to interpret it more towards "naughty", but I'm not well. :ashamed001 Not at all.

14. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I also like the play on words with "naughty". Your logo should be a badger with a mischievous look on its face.

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Nice, anyone an artist? ;) The naughty thing hadn't even crossed my mind as being associated with knotty.

16. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

How's this?

[​IMG]

17. pezspencer

pezspencer New Member

Can't wait to see some of the finished products... I liked Joanna's chess brush....

---James

18. Jack-in-the-Green

Jack-in-the-Green New Member

Awwww. I'm too late to the party. :( I was going to suggest "Rabid Badger". (Geddit? Cuz it foams at the mouth? :happy102)

I really like Knotty Badger, though. That would have been my vote, too.

19. Fortran

Fortran New Member

I suggest you call it "Custom Wood"...I am not sure whether anyone has already suggested this before, so sorry if this is a repeat ;)

20. joeyniji

joeyniji New Member

hello everyone im new and this is my 1st post. so far i find this to be a great forum with tons of info. about rodds new company name, being im new i may have missed something. but rodd wouldnt it be extremely practical to call your company "razor geek"? especially since brushes do have something to do with razors/shaving! that way if you ever decide to create another product the name would be an all encompassing name so you wouldnt have to create a new company name each time you create a new product / line. plus you already own the domain and the website and you could sell any related products through your already existing website. anyway just my 2 cents worth.

IE: the knotty badger From razor geek [EX: "the dark knight" from warner brothers pictures or "the office" from NBC TV or "the 1904" from Merkur]

Good Fortune,
    Joey