Help out a DE guy w/cart recommendations

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Old School, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Hey Folks,

I've been around the DE forums for years after deciding to research what the Gillette Rocket I'd been shaving with from my grandfather was. I got bit by the RAD bug from the wealth of info in this community and have built up quite a nice selection of vintage gillette's as a result.

The other day I posted a pic of what I thought was a Schick injector type handle at a local antique store and was encouraged to buy it...so I did. Turns out it's a Schick Paul Revere silver plated cartridge style, but I don't know what to put in it. Any info about this razor and blade recommendations to take it for a spin would be appreciated...I know nothing of these, been using DE since I started shaving and I'm 41 yrs young now...

Here she is:
    pr razor.JPG

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Carbide Mike and macaronus like this.
  2. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

That is a specialty razor that will take Trac II style blades. My dad used to have one he received as a gift for being a groomsman.

richgem likes this.
  3. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks...I know it's a Schick Paul Revere silver plated handle. Didn't know what carts. I posted it in the DE forum along with other's in the case at the antique store and it was initially thought to be an injector. One of the guys pm'd me to get it for him, but thinking it was an injector...fast forward to today and I think i'm stuck with it now, lol. Going to make lemonaid I suppose and pick up some carts...what do you fine folks recommend? Perhaps I'll be the first DE to cart convert.

4. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

As I mentioned Trac II blades will work as well as whatever other companies make to fit this style. They slide into place instead of "clicking in" like the Atra pivoting heads do.

5. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Trac II. Similar carts made by Personna and Dorco will fit as well and cost far less than a Gillette Trac II.

6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

It will take Schick Super II/Wilkinson Sword Twin II/Dorco Dual/Gillette Trac II/Wilkinson Sword Profile Fixed NOS/Personna Twin II/Gillette PII...

Robyflexx and Old School like this.
  7. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks folks! Mods, appologies if i shouldn't mention in this thread, but I've posted this in the marketplace as WTS WTT...If I'm out of line, please delete this post.