Help Re: TSD Aftershave Scents

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by michaelAD, Jan 27, 2015.

1. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

I recently cleared up some space in the den. I'm planning on ordering a bottle of the TSD Aftershave Milk and a bottle of the TSD Aftershave Splash. My problem is choosing a scent. I don't usually solicit the forum for this kind of subjective advice, but I'm hoping you'll all provide some.

I'm interested in Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Yin Yang, Lime, and Subzero. I've read the descriptions, but I want your take. Can you compare any of these scents to any other products? Is it better to add menthol to any of these? Is there a scent I'm not considering that I should be? Any info will be a big help.

I know I can order scent samples for 25 cents a piece, but I'm not willing to pay the shipping just to smell a few cotton swabs. Nothing against the TSD Shop, shipping costs what shipping costs, it's just not something I feel like paying for when I can ask all of you for help ;).

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. 5t8t2u

5t8t2u Member

Not a scent recommendation, but have you considered the 1 oz. sample size? These give you a chance to take your time in trying them out, allow you to try out more scents, including some that you wouldn't otherwise try, etc. etc. That's my recommendation.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have Iced Ying Yang, excellent! It reminds when you pop open an energy drink.

I also have Iced Subzero. This is without doubt one of the best products I've used! Minty wonderland. This should be included in every schoolboys lunch box as he heads in shave hood.

Iced Floid Blue Type. Wonderful, cooling, healing, smells great.

4. Malacoda

Malacoda Active Member

Instead of the swabs, which you don't want to pay shipping on, why not order the 1 ounce sample bottles in each? Works out to only ~25 cents an ounce extra.

Only downsides are you will need a little more space in the den (5 small bottles instead of 2 larger ones); and you'd have decide which ones to get in milk and which in splash -- but you'd get to truly experience all 5 scents that way...

5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

To the menthol question- yes, absolutely have menthol added to anything you buy from TSD.