Help!!! War disruptions.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Joe Nobles, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

So it's been a long time since I've visited and had anything to say, but now I have a question.

Do any of youse guys know how I can once again get any of the shave creams from Russia like Svoboda cream or мыльный (Mylnyj = Soapy) or better yet Старт (Start)?

These are great products and I have a couple of tubes left but all sources like eBay all tell me that said items cannot be sent to the US! Or that the seller is away until December 31, 2030!

Anybody please help, these are great products.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. Jenks

Jenks Active Member

I have been avoiding Russian and Chinese made products for years. That includes all the blades made by Gillette in Russia. Isn't always that easy to figure out but I try.

No judgement on anyone; just a personal distaste for their governments.

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I suppose you could try one of the European e**y sites. Not sure if that would work but worth a try.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  4. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

That is understandable particularly in light of the above complaint regarding war. I too regard the political situation to be untenable.

What I object to is a disruption to the informal interaction associated with peer to peer commerce. Many of the individuals that have an eBay or ETSY "store" are common people just trying to make ends meet. In this case the products are damn good and have no exact replacement. I also think that the $7 or $8 for 3 or 4 tubes of shave cream I buy once a year to be of negligible value to a national economy. I could be wrong.

All of that being said, I have found out that the problem isn't that the US government has restricted the commerce so much but that all US banking transactions have ceased. So the vendors cannot send or receive funds in or out of Russia.

So thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    PLANofMAN and Jenks like this.