Here's my watch of the day

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Eeyore, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

After looking at this thread this morning, I started looking up automatic watches with the crown on the left side of the case. Manufacturers do realize that lefties also want to wear their watches as "naturally oriented" as righties, pretty cool.

engrsaks likes this.
  2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I am a lefty but has always worn timepiece on left hand - born and raised that way. I haven't given it much thought as it was just the way one wore a watch.

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I'm also a lefty, and when I ware a watch I ware it on my left wrist.:happy102:

tuxxdk and wristwatchb like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Did the USMC have a regulation on watch placement?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Not sure. Never wore a watch in the Corps. If they didn't issue it I didn't wear it. :)

wristwatchb likes this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Spoken like a real Marine! I never was in the armed services and don't know much about little stuff like that.

7. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on a pocket watch picture to appear in this thread. :love055:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Just for grins I googled pics of Gunnery Sergeants to see if they were wearing a watch. It seems like it may be an option, and I only noticed right side wear. I figure if the Gunnery Sergeants are doing it, it must be the right way.

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Gunny's can do whatever they want. They are God's.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

I picked Gunnys because I knew they basically run the USMC on a day to day basis.

11. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Has anyone got such a beauty :) . It is not mine, but I'm currently trying to negotiate a deal :). Who knows, one day you might see this appear as my watch of the day. :D

95100065_1_1000x700_omega-pocket-watch-original-good-candition-lahore_rev002.jpg
    95100065_4_1000x700_omega-pocket-watch-original-good-candition-fashion-beauty_rev002.jpg

12. Bama Samurai

Ooooooh nice! I hope you can negotiate an acceptable deal. I hope you get it.

wristwatchb and engrsaks like this.
  13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Yep, I'm a furry one

engrsaks and Bama Samurai like this.
  14. trufunk

trufunk Member

Show off... Er ummm I mean sweet! I would really like one of these. Fiending real bad. I just can't justify because I just bought a Blumo.

Keithmax likes this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I waited about a year to buy one, I had to convince myself to add another watch. In person it looks even better.

Today is Monster day:
    :scared007:
    max - 1.jpg

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

They are Outstanding Marines.

Bama Samurai and wristwatchb like this.
  17. Keithmax

I bought this one on the internet two years ago. It has a hand winding Chinese movement that performs great. It is a Homage watch but I forgot what it is a homage too. Either way it looks pretty cool and its a big watch.
    max - 1 (1).jpg max - 1.jpg

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

19. Keithmax

Sweet, the 007 is a cool watch with a cool name.

wristwatchb likes this.
  20. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

It also proves you don't use a straight razor. Straight razor guys have no hair left on their arms.

mrchick likes this.