Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by RazorRookie, May 23, 2015.

1. RazorRookie

RazorRookie New Member

Young male from the UK here. New to the forums and wet shaving. I currently use a DE Razor. Signed up to the forums just to seek guidance on anything shaving related. Will post some questions I have in the near future. Bought myself wet shaving gear only a few weeks ago and went for budget options (probably at the scorn of the connoisseurs on here :D). Will look to post pictures of it soon. Looks like a nice community and a well designed website. Glad to have signed up.

2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

:signs046: from across the pond.

RazorRookie and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A warm welcome to you from North Texas. You might want to take a look at some of the references contained in my signature line below for discussions of the 30 Day systems and more on shaving hardware and software.

With that being said ...

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Glad that you landed here at TSD, RazorRookie! It is a great community of shavers.
    Join us on The Shave of the Day thread. That is the place to post your daily shaves. It is fun, and you will see all kinds of products.
    And please Mark YOUR location on the TSD map:) - instructions here.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Welcome aboard. You'll find there is no scorn here. Well, except for from that one guy. And unless you use the Veg; in that case, you'll have brought it upon yourself.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to TSD! Please sign up for the Newbie Give-Away HERE

8. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Welcome to the Shave Den

RazorRookie likes this.
  9. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Nothing wrong with budget items. Some budget items are top performers. Dont feel like you need expensive gear to get a great shave.

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Hello! Welcome to TSD. :)

11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

hello and welcome.
    ask away

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome aboard! No scorn here...I just spent three weeks with cheap/bad gear to prove it can be done!! Sometimes the cheap alternative is a good or better than the high priced options. A great example is Van Der Hagen Deluxe soap. You can get it by itself or in the kit with the boar brush and green bowl. Great soap! The bowl is also a great item and the boar brush, though humble and cheap, is among my favorites. As for those guys who warn you against The Veg? Just jealous because they haven't been chosen. The Veg is a gift from the shaving gods. :smiley respect: Only those found worthy may wear it.
    Looking forward to your questions and following along with your progress!

13. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Welcome RR ! :signs046:

No scorn here @ TSD. You are among friends. :)

14. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

In my experience here the connesuers here are humble and more then helpful, nonjudgmental and supportive in every way. Welcome aboard.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! I look forward to following your progress and seeing photos of your gear!

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "RazorRookie"

I'm right there with you @RazorRookie when it comes to "budget" shaving. Although I'm not quite so polite about it " I'm freakin CHEAP!!) I've been "traditional" shaving for about 7 years now, I don't know if that make me a "kind of sewer" or not.
    What I do know is that for me NOT needing to spend BIG bucks to obtain a GREAT shave is a large part of the appeal to "traditional" shaving. I like to start inexpensively with equipment and product and slowly work my way up. :)
    My shave brush(I've used it happily/daily for most of the past 7 years)costs me all of $5 shipped, my shave soap is Arko, my preshave is Corn Huskers Lotion.
    I use two DE safety razors, both 3 piece, one is a SS Weber DLC($70) which sounds like a lot until you compare it to a Feather, iKon or ATT. My other favorite safety razor is a Gillette "NEW" LC/OC. Before I began using my Weber I happily used either a Gillette "FAT" handle tech or my EJ89, neither of which are particularly expensive.
    My BEST advice is use the products that work BEST for your face, not what costs the most or is the most popular at the moment. Expensive equipment and/or product "DOES NOT" necessarily equal the best shave! :happy088:

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

tsdwelcome2[1].jpg
    TSD is a great shaving site with excellent people that are both informative, and knowledgeable. They are also very helpful.

Dzia Dzia and RazorRookie like this.
  19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy097:
    ALL HAIL "THE VEG"
    :smiley respect: :smiley respect: :smiley respect: :smiley respect:

RazorRookie and NCoxSTL like this.
  20. Aussierazor

Aussierazor Member

Welcome mate

RazorRookie likes this.