Hi From New York City

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by NYer, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @NYer from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD.

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you

4. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD NYer. Glad that you joined us. Enjoy!

5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Welcome from FL!

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Hey @NYer! Glad you joined us here at TSD. Saw you over in the Stirling thread. Good stuff though I've only used sample sized from them so far. I'm a fan of lime scented aftershaves (Pinaud Lime Musk & Lime Sec) but I don't think I've tried a lime soap yet.

7. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD!!!

8. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Welcome from New Mexico!

Linuxguile likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Welcome from a fellow New Yorker. I am curious as to what gear (razor, blades, brush, etc.) you are using.

10. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome from another in NY, a couple hours north of you.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

11. NYer

NYer Member

Thank you for the kind welcome.

To answer the questions about what gear I use:

Razor: while I have a Merkur 34c razor, I primarily use my Fusion 5 cart. I find I get as close a shave with the cart, it takes half the time to shave (which is a big deal since I shave in the morning before going to work) and, as long as I dry the cart thoroughly after each shave, it lasts a month., so cost vs blades is not an issue at all for me. I was never able to get a good shave with canned foam or gel and the difference in shave quality occurred when I switched to soaps/creams about 2 years ago.

Brush: I have 2 brushes, a Proraso/Omega badger and a Stirling tuxedo synthetic.

Soaps: My favorite soaps are Stirling and I have a number of them. My summer soap has mostly been Stirling Rose. Lime, Lemon Chill and a few others that I have bought as a sample also rotated in. I also have Proraso Green, Red and white tubs. Oh yeah, still have some left in my tub of RazorRock xxx.

Creams: All the Proraso creams, TOBS rose and sandalwood.

Witch hazel: Thayer's Rose, Lavender and Stirling Lemon Chill (wonderful menthol feeling)

AS splashes: Proraso Green and Red, Aqua Velva

AS balms: Proraso (any kind), Stirling unscented with menthol and Stirling Sandalwood

Definitely want to try different software over time.

Sorry so long......

178-bplatoon likes this.
  12. Ron butcher

Ron butcher New Member

Hey & welcome. I am also new but have read some posts and the forum seems great!

I hope to get lots of value and advice with my having. Anyways WELCOME!!!!!