Hi from the Florida Keys

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Killerflyingbugs, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama! You better keep your wife.....she sounds like a keeper.;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Killerflyingbugs likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Killerflyingbugs! Glad you signed up. I hope the crew here can answer any questions you have. This is your own personal thread so please do ask questions. Someone will be around to offer opinions, advice, even actual information.

I saw you've shopped some samples of Stirling shave soap. That's a great place to start for lather. They make a good product in so many interesting scents. You mentioned your razors - a Dollar store DE and a vintage adjustable Gillette. What blades are you using? Have you also used a post shave product? They help for the occasional nick, soothing razor burn if your angle is off.

If you have questions and would like some coaching & cheerleading, visit The 30 Day Rule / Focus Group in the Shave School forum. We're about to close the December chapter, but January opens soon.

Killerflyingbugs, brit and Hembree like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

:happy088:

Killerflyingbugs and RyX like this.
  4. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I retired the dollar store razor after I shaved with the Gillette, I am using Parker blades. No after shave yet, just a little witch hazel.

RyX and Hembree like this.
  5. Killerflyingbugs

I did try a little coconut oil rubbed in to my stubble pre shave soap and that was nice!

RyX and Hembree like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

7. Killerflyingbugs

Nice to meet you too.

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

10. Killerflyingbugs

Thanks folks for the warm welcome.

Wet Shaving has made me feel like a teen again, so excited to shave every day. Can totally see why people spend the cash on razors/brushs/soaps.

11. Hembree

Be careful you can run out out of room pretty quick but it is fun. There is also a lot of enablers lurking around TSD.

12. Killerflyingbugs

Yeah seems to be. I personally went from one cheap Chinese DE to a black beauty (1976), got a Gillette ladys razor for my wife (1970 blue starburst) and have an old gold colored Gillette on the way (unknown year but looked good in the pics and the price was right). The good/bad thing is I am still repairing my house from hurricane Irma so I don't have the time/fluid cash to get too crazy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Hembree likes this.
  13. Hembree

You may not have a lot in the den but you have some solid performers. Hope every thing works out on the house.

I have a good idea....just invite a bunch of us down for a work day. :happy088:

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Welcome!