Hit the Jackpot last nite . . .

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ThePossum, Oct 9, 2008.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Went to a meeting last nite and to my surprise one of the guys who was there had a package he wanted to sell me. I asked what was in it and he proceeded to produce this silver colored metal case containing a Gillette Old Style razor in 4 parts. Yep the handle had a crack the entire length so this one is junk.

But that was not all. He then pulled out This One. Still nothing that really interested me but still a nice razor.

Then my friend pulled This from the bag. To say that I was excited is an understatement. This one is a birth year razor for me as well as my friend.

I paid $20 for the lot. Don't think I did too bad. By the way the last one is a great shaver. I used it this morning.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very nice, Bryce! :happy088

uh oh, the rhyming..........:ashamed001

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

You're a poet, and didn't know it!

:happy097

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

"No more rhyming now, I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut"

Princess Bride. :)

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Very nice score! Is that blade pack sealed?

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

You could get one of cooncatbob's handles for the old style and have another nice razor to play with

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Great haul, that razor looks very nice :drool :drool :cool:

8. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Unfortunately Rodd the blade pack is not sealed. In fact there was a blade in the razor which I quickly put back in the blade pack for safety reasons.

9. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Good idea. I may try to cleanup the head and see what I have. Don't think it will clean up nice enough to justify the expense. Who knows, will give it a try sometime.

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Very well done :)