Hot Towel is Crucial....

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by TraderJoe, Feb 5, 2007.

?

When do you use hot towels?

1. Before EVERY Shave

21.4%
  2. Only on the weekend

1.8%
  3. When Time Permits

16.1%
  4. Never - I have burlap skin and don't need to soften whiskers

30.4%
  5. Sometimes

30.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Much better shaves with a hot towel treatment. However, the time involved and the effort do not make it practical for me to do on a daily basis. So I do it to give myself a treat whenever I have the time.

Oh, and I heat mine up using a microwave.

2. BrianM

BrianM New Member

I'm kind of shocked by the results of this poll. I expected the majority of folks to use the hot towel. Heck, the hot towel has been part of my routine even from all those years of Sensor shaving!

3. RichZ

RichZ New Member

I don't find a big need for it. I usually shave after I get out of the shower so my wiskers are already softened from the hot shower. :cool:

4. timc

timc New Member

I don't understand why one would need a hot towel after a shower. My skin is not burlap.

5. canman23

canman23 New Member

I always use a hot towel before I shave. Here is what I do.

1. Hot towel
    2. Lather (then rub some on my face and neck) another hot towel
    3. Shave WTG
    4. Hot towel
    5. Shave XTg
    6. Cold water
    7. Aftershave

6. moses

moses New Member

I'm surprised so many people use one. Awful time consuming, and frankly, standing around holding a towel to my face isn't that enjoyable. Plus, I have tried it, even using lather under the towel, barbershop style, and it really doesn't make much difference as opposed to just repeated splashing of hot water, as I'm getting everything ready. I usually shave after the shower anyway though, and there is absolutely no point to the hot towels then.

-Mo

7. Will

Will Nevermind

I kind of feel the same way

When you are in the shower could you not just let the hot water run on your face, I would like to think it would be the same effect. I just started doin this and it seems to soften my skin pretty good, usually I shave before a shower but now its been after a shower and working pretty good on my end.

8. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

I love the way it feels on my face. Also, I always shave before my shower so the hot towel really does the job to soften the whiskers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.