houbigant royale fougere

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Derhey, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Anyone tried the modern version of this classic? I have hard so many good reviews. The deal is, I am still trying to find a good cologne to wear following a Martin de Candre Fougére shave. I think I have narrowed it down to Houbigant Royale Fougere or Penhaligon's English Fern. Any feedback (or other recommendations) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents!

2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Both are great and would work well with mdc, but it will come down to scent. If you can track down the basenotes, i recommend doing so. If you can get samples...even better. I prefer penhaligons, but im a big fan of their products to begin with.

Derhey likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have tried both and strongly prefer the Houbigant. I bought a bottle of the Houbigant and didn't buy the Pehaligon's after sampling it.

The Phen's was nice and the Houbigant is awesome, richer, more complex, better projection and longevity. Plus the bottle is very cool looking. Tomorrow I will break out the MdC and the Houbigant.

Thalasos and Derhey like this.
  4. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I will use ebay and try to find some samples. I may just pull the trigger and purchase the Houbigant as well. I don't think I have ever read or heard of anyone saying that they didn't like the smell. The same can not be said about the Pen's EF. It sounds like the Houbigant has the green Fougere scent I am looking for in a cologne. Thanks again.

Keithmax likes this.